Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A hello from Green Bay, Wisconsin  (Read 1505 times)

Offline pine_acres

• Brood
A hello from Green Bay, Wisconsin
« on: July 27, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »
Hi, my name is Monika and I'm hoping to try my hand at beekeeping next spring.  I'm an avid gardener and hope to do my part in conservation of these important pollinators.  I've been doing a lot of reading and realize there is much to learn from now until then!  I have heard this is a great place to start, so I'll be reading through the threads and trying to assimilate all the information.  I found a local beekeeping club here in Green Bay and intend to go to their August meeting.  I'd also love to find a class, either online or in person.  Does anyone have any knowledge of such a class in this area?  Do you have any favorite books or videos I should look into on my journey to learning this hobby?  Thank you so much!  Monika

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: A hello from Green Bay, Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:02:37 pm »
Welcome from the other side of the lake, Monika. Plenty of bee keeping books at your local library.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:24:07 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:36:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin