Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Use of MegaBee  (Read 7336 times)

Offline Giddy-up

• New Bee
Use of MegaBee
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:55:29 am »
For those that have used MegaBee, what are your results?

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Use of MegaBee
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:01:11 pm »
I too am interested. I have a friend that has good results; rapid build up in the spring.

Steve 
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline bmacior

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 10:35:05 am »
I've tried it dry.  I've tried it in patties.  My bees don't touch it.   :?

Barb

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 04:13:06 pm »
I've tried it dry and I've made it into patties. I like it and would say that it does as advertised.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 07:54:24 am »
After years of the industry not divulging the nutritional aspects of the feeds on the market, I learned to make my own.

I realize that many will not make their own small amounts. But I think its not about whether bees eat one sugar* filled feed or the next (*which many times is why bees eat it), but one should look at the nutritional aspects and ask if its worth feeding at all.

There have been articles on the subject, but here is a link that is well worth reading. It explains what happens when you have supplement and it lacks key areas of essential amino acids, that bees require.

http://www.honeybee.com.au/Library/pollen/nutrition.html

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline mathispollenators

• House Bee
    • Mathis Apiaries
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 08:49:49 am »
Yep works for well for us. We mix it with corn syrup to feed them.
Without Thomas Edison & Alexander Graham Bell we wouldn't have the graveyard shift or Telemarketers.  So how do you like them now?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:30:41 am »
I am now feeding my bees only pollen mixed with sugar, in patties.  I used to use brewers' yeast/pollen/sugar, but am only going to use pollen now, omitting the brewers' yeast.  Have a wonderful day and life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 06:01:27 pm »
So what do you use or what do you plan on using Giddy-up?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 12:18:26 pm »

Dallas, oh no:   :? :? :? C
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 12:57:21 pm »

Dallas, oh no:   :? :? :? C

Giddy-up is the person who originally asked the question.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 01:48:52 pm »
 Hey Cindi,
 did you collect your own pollen or get it from a bee store?
your friend,
john

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 03:20:43 pm »
I don't mind someone with a product on the market asking for consumer feedback - we could SERIOUSLY make a difference if the manufacturer listens to our inputs.

But what bugs me, is this question is NOT BEING represented as a manufactuer asking for feedback, it is more written as a person seeking info BEFORE he puts out the money for a product that may not meet his needs. It is misleading to say the least.

The repeated mentioning of a product by the manufacturer or whatever position the member has relative to the sales of a product will not be tolerated. Be active in the beekeeping forums, but not by spamming a product. We can help with educated feedback info, but you miss that opertunity by coming at pretending to get feedback, all the while enjoying the free advertizing. Don't go there please.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Giddy-up

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 04:55:40 pm »
The insinuation in your post Mr. Administrator deserves no answer, but for the other "beeks" on the forum, I was merely trying to compare my results to other beekeepers who have used MegaBee. I don't consider this spamming.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 05:09:32 pm »
You could just try impressing us and post ANYTHING other than Megabee questions.  I'm waiting for general beekeeping Q and A's is all - not judging you. We do monitor new members to see if they are spammers and a SECURITY issue may exist in the REGISTRATION software - all new members are being allowed by APPROVAL BY ADMINISTRATOR.

My concern is not your interest in any bee product, but my job is to prevent spammers and other trouble makers. Think of me as the guy walking around WalMart dressed in plain clothes looking for thieves. That is sorta my job, all I'm doing is checking you out, just so you understand we work hard to be family friendly, some people get bleepy right out of the gate and draw attention, others are smooth as a good Port.

I'm just doing what the members expect me to do, protect them from any Internet Threat. Nothing personal, I'm just doin' my Walmart thing and we passed down the same isle.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Doby45

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »
Beemaster, he may just see you as being overboard on self-appointed greatness.  The following stuff may be the culprit.

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

All titles of greatness and power, ever your basic username.

Me personally, I have no problem with your greatness as someone that has also founded and administered forums.  I find this place to be ran rather well and clean.  Rock on.

For the record the bee supplement in question is made in Yuma, AZ.  The same city that Giddy-Up registered as his/her location. So I think you may be onto something.

12426 E. County 8th Street
Yuma, Arizona 85365
 (480) 299-9090

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 05:28:59 pm »
Doby:

I guess those words are a bit intimidating - lol.

I'm pretty mellow in reality, I do take my and our mods job serious - that is what we do, but it is fun, the site is amazing (no self Kudos implied) and we have neat features, I hope more people enjoy the video and audio chats, they are something MAJOR special - especially the Ventrilo Voice Chat. We have room for 30 people to chat at once, multiple rooms and there is chat every evening EST.

Thanks for the lind words, our mods are sharp, we don't miss much and somethings DO raise a red flag. Glad you understand and approve, the proof is in the pudding and our site is really a fine place on the web :)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 06:11:21 pm »
For the record the bee supplement in question is made in Yuma, AZ.  The same city that Giddy-Up registered as his/her location. So I think you may be onto something.

12426 E. County 8th Street
Yuma, Arizona 85365
 (480) 299-9090

Oh it is more than just that...  Giddyup's email is from castledomesolutions.com

Wanna guess what they make?

http://www.castledomesolutions.com/products.html

Seems Giddyup has the same pattern of posting on "other" beekeeping forums as well.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 07:23:18 pm »
 Man, I woulda never thought this...Its unbelievable how you guys find this stuff out!
 Oh yeh, John........heres another Title for you......
 "Your Holiness!"....And see?......Thats not self proclaimed, thats from me! :-D
 Of course, you guys do know I'm kidding right?...But "Holiness" was all I could come up with at the spur of the moment....Regardless, you guys are awesome though, and nobody can dispute that..( well, they can, I suppose, but "La Bee Familia" doesnt dispute it one bit!)

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 10:27:38 am »
Enlightening, all I can say.  There is so much that goes way down deep in running a forum such as ours.  John's and the other Moderators' biggest jobs here is to prevent any kind of stuff to go on that goes against what the forum contends to be, that safe, friendly, non-spam type place in cyberspace.  This noticing of what this thread has turned out to be all about goes deep.  I would not have noticed it, I don't look that deep into things.  Just such some praise that needs to go out to the people that make our forum that great place to live, in our cyberspace in time, thanks again,  8-) :) :) :)  Have a most wonderful and awesome life and day, great health.  Cindi

P.S. JohnnyBigFish.....in answer to your query, I buy my pollen from my old bee instructor, irradiated.  Up to this point in time, I I have left all the pollen for my bees.  Next year I will be beginning to gather my own pollen, leaving my two pollen traps on different colonies for a day or two only at a time, no clue how much I will gather.  It has been due to sheer laziness that I haven't gathered my own, hee, hee.  C.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 04:21:59 pm »
Cindi:

I must give at lease 99.5% of the eagle-eyed staff here for all these interesting coincidence. I am for sharing with the forum ALL DETAILS that are troublesome, but of course, that is what we do behind the scenes. The staff (and man that sounds like a level other than mine) is really a group of mods and admins, each with our talents making a forum THIS SIZE and growing all the time, run and run smooth as the Internet and technology allows. You are right, we are luckily staffed and with inputs from the members (which everyone can find a REPORT TO MODERATOR on every post - combined it is pretty easy to gather info and make sometimes what are HARD decisions.

We often talk on what members should and shouldn't know and found that "When the time is right" if an issue arises, we try to explain why we have done something - members need to know when we make major decisions and I'm really excited to be adding a SERIES OF NEW VIDEOS on my www.mogulus.com/beemaster which is my personal cam, it will have many videos on how to use different features, shortcuts and the many features like spell check, video and audio and text chatting, to image hosting. A collection of videos I hope to explain the different features we have and these will play WHEN I'm not live.

When live on cam, I will have the audio and chat up too from now on, so please come in any evening, I'll read your typing and respond in voice on the cam. I like the cams, we can really brainstorm and make it THE WORLDS BEST COLLECTION OF BEEKEEPING VIDEOS that exists - I still want and need more video links from around the net from everyone. I've finally figured out how to upload links and youtubes, and files from my computer direct - all that stuff actually gets moved to Mogulus site, even if already at Youtube. Strange system, but a great free service.

Enough already, thanks again :)