Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hello  (Read 3482 times)

Offline catfishbill

• House Bee
hello
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:10:05 am »
Hello everyone,I have been watergate'in around here for awhile and finally decided to step in.just getting started in beekeeping.i have a couple of folks within hollering distance that are kinda taking me under their wing till i get started good.getting my first bees from kelly's and second is going to be a wild bunch from somewhere around my area,(friend has old barn with them in the wall,i"ll wait till they swarm).bought a beginner kit,and decided i could build all the stuff for second hive except for frames.I like to have a big garden so the bees are going to be big helpers.thanks for all the info i have been reading about,and i look forward for all info/help yet to come.bill

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:35:25 am »
Welcome... ..I like your plan. You are lucky to have someone close by to mentor you. It will make beekeeping easier for you.

Do you fish for catfish? Do you noodle?

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline catfishbill

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:17:17 pm »
holy cow!them are some hogs!yes it seems every time i go fishing i end up with a flathead or channel.i bet i could be 5 miles off shore in the gulf fishing for a shark and i'll pull up a catfish!sometimes we go grabbin(thats what we call it around here),but you have to know the area pretty good because of them dang gators.some places have them and some don't.you pretty much don't know till you see one,then thats when it gets interesting.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 02:48:30 pm »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 09:23:40 pm »
Michael, does your son noodle or use a hook with live bait?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:43:45 am »
No noodling.  Mostly cut bait.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline catfishbill

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 09:50:49 am »
hey michael are those your ponds?if they are,how long did you feed them to get them that size.my pond is only about 2.5-3 acers and 5yrs old.we normally feed floating food about 35-40% protein couple of times per week(weather permitting).we have caught some ten pounders last year.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 10:09:39 pm »
>hey michael are those your ponds?

Not ponds.  Just streams.  No feeding.  Just wild.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 11:27:15 am »
Catfishbill.  Welcome to our forum, I like your avitar name, it is funny and imparts cool images.  Glad you found this place to spend time and you will love it here.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 08:01:54 pm »
Welcome Catfishbill, you will enjoy yourself. As you have already seen everyone is very helpful especially to us beginners. Look forward to hearing about your experiences...
Micheal (Holy Freak)!! those are monsters, I have seen whales smaller than those!!
Great pics
JP, I have never laughed so hard. I must be related to those rednecks somehow!! I have never even heard of grab'n catfish like that with your hands. I have got to get out more and get in touch with my redneck relatives more often.
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"