Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Face book  (Read 13600 times)

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
Face book
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »
Why does the entries on the Beemaster Face book forum come up on my regular face book page? d2

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Face book
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:53:22 pm »
You have notifications turned on in your settings that allows postings from any group you subscribe to pop onto your page. Go to Beemaster facebook page and you may be able to turn off notifications.
 At the top right of Beemaster facebook page to the right of the title you should see a notifications checkmarked. Uncheck it.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:56:41 pm »
you liked the page and joined the group, right?  so you get notifications.  do as buzzbee suggests, but i think you will still get some of the notifications and you will get them on any subject where you have posted.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JPinMO

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:16:51 am »
Don, I occasionally see posts of some groups I belong to, even with the notifications "off" (and the posts aren't from people I'm friends with).
I think fb does it randomly, just to remind you that you still belong to the group(s), or possibly to drum up more traffic. 

"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either."  Albert Einstein

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 07:38:38 pm »
I unchecked it. I didn't know my Beemaster F.B. postings would come up on my regular Face Book page, Really no biggie, Just have so much on it already. dd-don2 ;) :)

anything