Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Screen resolution  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Screen resolution
« on: December 24, 2008, 01:22:04 am »
Ok so I had to wipe my hard drive because of a virus. After reinstalling everything it seems the screen resolution will not adjust correctly. I have a BFG7900gt 256mb. I have a 19" widescreen monitor. The screen resolution is set at 1024 by 768. The icons are still large and when I oen IE it seems way too big. Even when I use to read the forums the print was a lot smaller but now I dont even need my glasses, its big but not that big. Any ideas?

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:28:19 am »
No but I would like to say good luck :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 09:39:17 am »
Shawn just a suggestion but can you hold the control button down then spin the wheel on your mouse?

Keith

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:50:14 pm »
Yea but all I get is exercise for my finger.  :shock: I set the resolution to 1440 by 900 and it looks better but not where I had it. I tried to use Nividia settings instead of windows and still got the same thing. I woder if my monitor is going out :roll: I guess if that is so Ill have to upgrade to a 26 inch.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 10:31:21 pm »
did you reinstall all your drivers?  you may need to go to your computer manufactures web site to get drivers for anything you are missing.  you should be able to tell if you have conflicts or missing stuff by looking in the device manager.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:30:17 am »
IS there any way the settting in the accessibility control panel was changed? There is an option there to change text size.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 05:02:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Everything was reinstalled, even drivers. I am getting along with the current settings 1440 by 900.

anything