Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hi all new to the forums  (Read 2355 times)

Offline phillip

• Brood
hi all new to the forums
« on: August 27, 2008, 12:15:29 am »
hi my name is Phillip i am from ky iam new to beekeeping hopeing to get some bees this spring

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: hi all new to the forums
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 01:45:16 am »
welcome to the group

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:02:38 am »
   Alright Phillip welcome!  Some great folks here to bounce ideas off of and get all kinds of advice. 

Hopefully you're gaining as much information as possible between now and spring.  If you can get with another beekeeper you can earn a little practical experience as well.  Check out your local associations as well!
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 01:13:45 pm »
Phillip, welcome to our forum.  This is a place where you can spend some great time learning about beekeeping.  Then next spring you can get some bees and you will love to be involved in this wonderful world of the honeybee.  Stick around, you will make some new friends, you will love the time spent here.  Have that most awesome and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:51:35 pm »
Hi Phillip my wife is form KY Fort Knox area we have been living in NC for 15 years now anyway welcome to the group, learn as much as you can between now and spring it will make things alot easier

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 06:54:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 09:34:39 pm »
Welcome! Now is a great time to learn and see what needs to be done, so you have time to think and plan when ordering equipment and bees for next year. Trying to learn and get started at the same time in April can lead to some bad decisions and regrets (but probably still better than waiting a whole extra year!).
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

anything