Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spiders  (Read 3517 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Spiders
« on: March 07, 2012, 03:53:38 pm »
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Spiders
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »
Wow!  That does look like a scene right out of a horror movie.

Thanks Scott, now I'm going to have nightmares tonight!

Creepy creepy creepy......uuuuughhh

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 06:21:35 pm »
I hate spiders and I can tell you if I ever saw a tree like that around here, it would get a damm good coating of something flammable and then set a light  :evil:
Shane

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:25:51 pm »
I'd set the whole farm alight.

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:36:52 am »
Are you kidding? I thought it looked fantastic. It's a pity we're not closer (7-8 hours drive), I'd go take a look.

Offline Harpo

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 06:50:21 am »
I AGREE WITH BERNSTAD 100%!!!!

And when you think about it - imagine the huge favour they're doing for the community by catching the 10's of 1000's of mozzies which would be hatching out of the flood waters...

ShaneJ - wouldn't the thought of having your blood drained overnight by the mini vampires freak you more???   :lau:

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 07:58:13 am »
I guess it depends what the mini vampires look like. I've seen some vampire shows advertised on TV lately and I reckon I could handle one of those vampires. But if you're talking the kind with lots of hairy legs I'd be freaked.  :? :?
Shane

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:08:39 am »
I'm with Shane 200%.

Normal insects only have 6 legs.

Offline gdoten

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 01:11:53 pm »
Aw c’mon now, spiders are our friends. The March issue of “Bee Culture” magazine has an article titled, well, “Spiders” by Jennifer Berry It was an interesting read. She tells a story about how in 1929 the Tennessee governors mansion was overrun with brown recluse spiders. The governor’s wife wouldn’t let them fumigate so instead an extension agent put in 12x12 inch sticky traps all over every floor of the place. One day later he picked them up and each was apparently completely covered with the spiders.

Freaky? I would say. She ends the article reminding us that the general public runs screaming when the sound of bees is nearby. Do beeks really run from spiders or, as Jennifer calls it, doing the “spider dance”? Although she does have a great picture of a black widow spider resting on one of her hives. I suppose I’d run from that.

OK, that Oz thing is pretty freaky too.
-glenn-