Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: jp,s new ride!  (Read 10095 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: jp,s new ride!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 11:25:36 am »
to bad....bet you will want to keep it! 

when we were showing our horses, all i had was my truck and usually the trailer behind.  i got used to parking way out and making sure stupid people wouldn't block me in.  then i got the car.  what a difference.  i can park anywhere!  i still love my truck, but that car is handy.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 11:47:51 am »
man that is one nice truck JP.  So are you going to put a lifting forks on it to help lift your beehives.
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 12:14:56 pm »
JP that is horrible. From beautiful new truck to injuries. Wow, you sure know how to burst a bubble. Anyway I am glad it is not anything serious.

Take care my mischievous friend
Annette

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 12:16:28 pm »
Well... I uess m dream of being photoraphed in tha beauty is crushed  :roll:

Seriously though JP, just glad everyone is okay ( seems like typical accident soreness, hope that is all) and I'll be excitied to meet you (and all the others) not their vehicles at Buds! Just take the meds, and use lots of topical heat/cold creams for general soreness, it often takes the edge off such pains.

Only 5 days to Dallas's and 6 to Buds now, so I'll see you in a week buddy - really looking forward to it!!!!!

Oh, RAY and JP and others who do it....

I really like when people put PHOTOS on their avatar - someone here said awhile back that every time she sees my goofy face (meant endearingly I'm sure) in a post, she smiles :) I think that is great, and I like seeing faces - I think we ahould make the month of MAY to be "SHARE a RECENT PHOTO MONTH" THEME that might be the ticket, just add a pic in any post in GENERAL or where ever that will likely be seen. OR have an photo avatar week in the future, just something different.

I really like avatars in general, they say a lot about the person - choosing an image to represent you in ever post (to some) can be a big deal, in others it means nothing - but I typically associate avatars first when just browsing a post in the forum - I'm bad at locations, but generally the members I do know I recognise firstly by their avatars, because I often LISTEN to the forum, not read it - so many times I don't have glasses on, I just highlight the text and click the TEXT to SPEECH program and have everything read to me - call me lazy, but I read around 80-100 books a year on audiobook and most all of that is while at work, otherwise I may not have time to read at all, so my ears are use to reading!

SEE EVERYONE at BUDS IN a WEEK - I'M ON VACATION NOW and enjoying just hanging around the house :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 12:23:51 pm »
John, can't wait to meet everyone, its long overdue! I like your idea also of everyone having a picture avatar or just showing what they look like, so we know who we are seeing and talking with.

Annette, I swear Bailey put me up to the scheme!

Just kidding, he was my partner in crime, was my idea, thought we'd have a little fun with it, afterall, it is my new (temporary) truck!

Good luck with the cut out Annette!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 12:39:45 pm »
JP:

Just got a phone call as I was writing you here from the bloodlab where I had blood taken Monday, my numbers are a bit messed up - trigliorides, fasting glucose and white cells way off, obviously I'm too fat and also have an infection, so I'll be scrambling before Wednesday to get meds and start getting a handle on the fat issues.

After I started taking Seizure meds, and was out of work for 2 whole months - I stacked on the pounds and didn't do anything about it. After Buds I'll be doing the Beemaster Challenge, in 1999 I hit a whopping 243 (I'm nowhere near that now) but I took 5 months of serious dietary changes and over an hour walking/orbital biking a day and got back to 168 - that's 75 in 5 months, YES somewhere in this body is a fat burning machine, I just need to switch it on. Meanwhile I need to watch this hernia gets no bigger - the last thing I need right now is to be out of commission 5 weeks recovering from that (not that it takes that long to recover, but the surgeon keeps Blue-Collars out that long so no retearing occurs.

I'm 50 now, time to make the BIG EFFORT to get back into normal weight ranges while I don't have to work twice as hard for half the results. I don't see losing the weight as fast as I did in 1999, I am a decade older, but I know long before I see 180lbs, I'll feel 10 years younger from the exercise - so enjoy the fat Beemaster, he won't be at the next big gathering - while we're all being honest here, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, so there are lots of great reasons to lose the weight and build up stamina!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 12:50:57 pm »
John, enjoy me fat JP! I was 248 three months ago, 230 now, still way too big for me, so we are in the same boat.

I used to have a metabolism, oh yeah, it left when I was 35. :-D

Looks like we both have no choice, health wise, but to lose the weight, so good luck to both of us!

Man, I'm gonna miss fried catfish!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 01:15:38 pm »
JP, rats, you guys certainly know how to lead a person on.....smiling.  I was revelling in the beauty of that duly truck, pictured you drivin' it with it all loaded up with the mountains of swarms that you caught during a single day, you smilin' with your head hangin' out the window.  Maybe in the back seat your bunch of fans.....well, that dream certainly took a flyin' leap off into the wild blue yonder.

On a more serious note -- Hey, glad that there wasn't any serious injury, that was then a good day in that vein.  Have that great, most beautiful day, lovin' and livin' our great life, we so lovingly live and share, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline hollybees

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 07:49:17 pm »
Jp,
Sorry, to hear about your acccident.
Glad you were not badly hurt........still that's is a really nice rig.

Heal well!
Paul

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 08:00:02 pm »
Sorry to hear about  your acccident, JP
I hope you are feeling better soon
Johnny

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 08:52:38 pm »
Thanks everyone. I don't believe I messed anything up but time will tell. This truck sure is nice!

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 11:39:18 pm »
Attaway, JP!
 That was a good trick!!! :-D
Yeh,...too bad about the wreck. At least you gota a truck to take pics with for awhile!
 Heh heh heh....
 Nice Truck Ray!
 You can carry all kindsa things around with it!

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 11:47:39 pm »
John, we thought we'd mess around some and have a little fun, couldn't resist, especially after putting Bailey's woodenware on the flatbed.

I have the strangest side affect from this accident, my right temple keeps pulsating, shoulder is still a little sore but much improved from yesterday. Neck is still cramped up a bit and tight. Just can't quite figure out why the temple is pulsating. Everything on the right side.

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 12:04:16 am »
Hey!...
 That temple thing doesnt sound so good! Was it pulsating right from the beginning? I suppose, its good that everything broke is on the same side at least. Sure hope it stops pulsating....All I know about temples is that they arent the place to get hit cuz its like a soft place to the brain.
 Hmm....are you fifty yet? or almost fifty? it doesnt look like it by the color of your hair. But, Like John BM says, it seems like everything starts happening at fifty to tear us down...However, Theres some kinda proverb that says "A man doesnt gain wisdom until he turns fifty" or something like that. All I know about that is lately Ive been seeing things differently..I sure hope Im not growing up!
 Just be careful and see the doc if something else feels worse or funny...Wouldnt be the same in here without you, Bud!

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 12:28:15 am »
The temple thing is weird. To be honest I felt no pain of any kind right after the accident, it started about 45 minutes afterwards. My neck started tightening up on me and my right arm felt slightly numb and fingers a little tingly.

I think later on the temple started this pulsating feeling like it is now. I'm 44 John and far from grown up, just ask my wife! :lau:

This place wouldn't be the same without you John, you have a way of brightening up any post, with your style of talking. You are quite a riot my man!

...JP

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 12:32:21 am »
JP:

Just from experiences with self and coworkers - usually anything that pulsates is a nerve that is either wrapped around a vessel and inflamation is causing it to go spastic. That is where anti-imflamatories comes in handy - plenty of NSAIDS on the market.

The latest case I've seen is a coworker who now has a very painful heartbeat like throbbing (although much faster than his heart) in his index finger due to a nurve wrapped around the vein in his index - it won't quit and likely the nurve will have to be cut, because it is preventing proper blood flow by clamping down on the vein. He had his fingernail removed after a bad hammer blow and it has just gone downhill since. Pulsating nurves are nothing to fool around with, on their own they aren't a huge problem, but when they interact with muscles, veins or other pressure points the can really be bad.

If nothing showed up with the doctor, it could be a likely cause, but don't wait if it doesn't get better, see someone. Don't play around, it's the little things that get missed after an accident of any kind that usually leads to big issues - big things nearly always get spotted in ER room CT/MRI tests, little things often develop a little later as the achier stuff subsides.

Beemaster is NOT a doctor NOR plays one on TV

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 12:46:38 am »
Thanks for the feedback John. I am taking this very seriously and monitoring it closely. Bailey, my good friend is in the medical field and has been a big help in giving me instruction on dealing with these symptoms.

If the pulsating does not go away in the temple, I will have no choice but to go back in and get this checked out.

Trying to get back to normal here.

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 01:40:38 am »
What do your doctors nurses look like? :-D
 My dentists girls are HOT!...I LIKE GOING TO THE DENTIST!
 My drs nurses are regular...But theyre alotta fun!
 My cardiologist nurse...well.....She's BEAUTIFUL!...She can make my heart flutter, but I always tell the Cardiologist that his nurse is why I have heart problems when I come in!
 See? 50 does have its benefits!!!

your friend,
john

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 02:16:45 am »
John, we thought we'd mess around some and have a little fun, couldn't resist, especially after putting Bailey's woodenware on the flatbed.

I have the strangest side affect from this accident, my right temple keeps pulsating, shoulder is still a little sore but much improved from yesterday. Neck is still cramped up a bit and tight. Just can't quite figure out why the temple is pulsating. Everything on the right side.

...JP

Back in the Mid-70's I was training a rookie cop, he was driving.  When he got behind the wheel of a car he thought he was Barney Oldfield.  Anyways we got a cop needs assistance call and went code 3 (lights & noise).  The rookie didn't do what I told him to do, 3 times, the 3rd time we hit a Cadillac Deville Broadside.  I took out the rearview mirror with my left temple.   My right temple is still pulsating 35 years later.  If you start getting mygraines head for the Neurologist ASAP or you''ll end up like me, 60 and barely mobile.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 02:21:21 am »
Brian, the weird thing is I did not hit my head on anything, its some weird side affect from the accident I can't quite figure out.

...JP

anything