Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bonjour from brittany, france  (Read 7212 times)

Offline Michael Judd

• New Bee
Re: bonjour from brittany, france
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 01:11:39 am »
Steve,
Thank you
most kind indeed

Michael

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 01:52:16 am »
Dear Beemaster,

Thank you very much for your message. It is very much appreciated.

I am English and date back to 1066. yes 1066
Winston Churchill once said that Britain and America were two countries separated by a common language............

I actually say all the time to my 26 year old twin daughters that Communication is the biggest word in the English language.

Do not mistake me - I know you did your job well and properly. I am quite certain you did the right thing. As a little aside - I hope that our conversation did not spoil the welcome Lizzie from Brittany, France should have received on her joining the site.

I sincerely hope that our little problem - played out in public - serves as a reminder to everybody - not only members of this site - that we are becoming a much more multi national/lingual world.  In our "bee" world it is true also.

Let our bees bring us all together.

Thank you Mr Beemaster for your welcome. I am enthralled by this site and what is can bring to all of us.  Thank you.

Thank you for recommending the dictionary.

I am also here if I can help in any way.

Michael

I had a 30-something greatgrandfather killed in 1066 at the Battle of Hastings, in our history books he is only recorded as Sir Harold, they leave off his last name of Goodwin.

Welcome to the forum, we're all friends here regardless of the language or origin, race, nationality, etc.....if only the rest of the world could get as long as well.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Michael Judd

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 02:55:11 am »
Dear Brian,

I must stand to attention in your presence.

Not only are you a Galactic Bee but you have a pedigree to be cherished.

Thank you for your welcome and also your wise comments in your last para and also for the postscript "Life is a school...."

I am enjoying being part of this forum and of course all the things about bees that are giving me confidence where before I was afraid.

Michael