Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee yard photos and lay out  (Read 109312 times)

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
Re: Bee yard photos and lay out
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2011, 09:41:09 pm »
Thanks AllenF. I have some more recent pictures somewhere that show my electric fence charger, log splitter , and all seven hives we had before three of them starved. Those more recent pictures give you a much better feel for the backyard with the garden in the background. . ;) Lord knows where the picture are so I posted these two while my wife {Reinbeau} was around to help me.
 I wish others would post pictures of their yards because this is a VERY interesting thread. I love seeing the great ideas and creativeness of others.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2011, 03:59:51 pm »
Is that John Deere Green?  Tony

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2011, 04:28:59 pm »
Is that John Deere Green?  Tony
It started out as Asparagus Green or something like that and when we built our chicken coop we mixed a couple gallon cans with a 5 gallon bucket and the color you see is what we ended up with.
 You can see the chicken coop and where some of our hives are here in MA. here: http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=45491&p=4
 We extended the stand where the four hives you see in the pictures to hold seven. Next year we'll have six hives on that stand and two to four on a stand about 10' in front of that one. We'll have between 15-18 hives on the ground depending on how many we lose over the winter.

Offline kbfarms

• New Bee
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »
Here is our home bee yard.  It was our nine year old daughter's art project last winter ;).

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2011, 12:12:13 am »
Very colorful hives there.   Can't wait to bee hives with your logo cut into the fronts.   ;)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2011, 02:16:00 am »
KB Farms I am so impressed with your bee yard. You should have turned this photo into the Bee culture calendar contest. I am sure it would have ended up in the calendar.

Thanks for sharing.

Annette

Offline meade kampe

• House Bee
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2011, 08:41:07 pm »
Which direction is the best way to face a hive?  I currently have a 3 hive beeyard and they both face South.  I'd like to set up a 3rd hive closer to my house for observation.....and I want to make sure I have it orientated correctly.  Thanks!

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2011, 08:35:06 am »
Kind of a funny place to ask that Q meade kampe, but it sounds like you're already facing them fine.  However,.........
?You have a 3 hive beeyard and they 'both' face South??? confused me a bit :-\

Most beeks say facing the entrance South to Southeast is best, but I'm not convinced of any particular direction, except; Out of prevailing winds in YOUR area,,,,,,, but I came here for hints on how to post pics of my bee yard, so now you owe us ;) a picture, that is :-D.

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2011, 09:38:50 pm »
 I hope this thread gets new life once everybody gets their new nucs and packages this year. Sure is an interesting thread. Come on beeks let's see those photos !!! :-D :-D

Offline ronwhite3030

• House Bee
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2011, 11:42:39 pm »
Here is My yard so far this year.

the mini nucs and nuc are hives I started last week, my full hive is the one I purchased in August.