Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another Wisconsin Beek  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Karl Wisconsin

• New Bee
Another Wisconsin Beek
« on: August 05, 2009, 11:26:55 am »
Hi All: Looking forward to reading the posts here. Long time hobbyist from S.E. Wisconsin. Located approx. 30 miles west of Milwaukee. Work in Waukesha as a coil winder for Cooper Power Systems. a few more years and then I plan on ending this very long term relationship. Other hobbys includ 200 apple trees, H.D. motorcycles, and of course my grandkids.  
Trying to age gracefully- don't think its working!!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Another Wisconsin Beek
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 02:33:35 pm »
Hello and Welcome Karl
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:50:20 pm »
Hello and welcome Karl Wisconsin.
Bobby

Offline BruinnieBear

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:11:47 am »
Hi Karl

Glad to see you over here, too!

BB
Some days you just have to learn the hard way!

Bruce & Minnie Fairbanks

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 08:37:24 pm »
Welcome, Karl! How are your bees doing this year? And, how many hives do you have? :)
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline yaser al khuja

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 04:51:07 pm »
welcome Karl
yk

Offline Karl Wisconsin

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 08:04:08 pm »
Luvin Honey: Have 10 hives this year and here in the S.E. part of Wisconsin . Cool spring then very dry conditions seem to have put a stop to production. Most of my hives have only one medium on. Very much different from last year when my best hive had 6 supers.
Trying to age gracefully- don't think its working!!

Offline wisconsin_cur

• House Bee
    • The Back Porch Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 09:23:28 pm »
Welcome!
“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” J.R.R. Tolkien

The Back Porch

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 11:55:40 am »
Karl, welcome to our forum, so glad that you have found us.  Stick around, we love new members, we love to listen, and I bet you will have many tales, stories and experiences you will have to share with us.  New members are a wonderful thing, and that is what helps to make our forum go round.  I am as you, I have some hobbies, and they include my 08, orange and black H.D. Nightster, my Husband has an 04 Fatboy, this bike all souped up from our Son-in-Laws, that love him to pieces.  They keep taking his bike for rides, coming back a little later than expected (like a week or so), with all kinds of cool stuff done to it, amazing how it has transformed over these years, smiling.  I also have a 15 year old and 10 year old Grandson, they are the other loves of my life.  Nice to have you here.  Have that most wonderful day, to love and live, to share, with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything