Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello All!!!  (Read 8557 times)

Offline Cass Cohenour

• House Bee
Hello All!!!
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:51:32 pm »
Hello all!!! I've finally decided to join the forum after tuning in and reading the posts for since last spring. There are a lot of friendly people and good advice advice being dealt out on here. I hope everyone's bees are healthy and wintering well. I'm getting ready for pollen patties here in the next few weeks myself. Trying to get everything built up early so I can start some early nucs to raise some queens. I'd like to invite you to check out my blog through the upcoming year as I will be adding topics of general interest as the interest spikes for those topics through the seasons. Hopefully you will enjoy reading it as much as I am enjoying writing it. Well that's enough for now. I'm going to go pick up some old equipment today off a retireed beek and will be adding a new post to my blog later to tell the story. I'll talk with ya later.
http://wvbeekeeper.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:55:36 pm by Robo »

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Hello All!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 12:56:18 pm »
Welcome Cass, great to have you here. Could you please update your profile to include your location. Hard to understand where your coming from, if we don't know, well, where you're at.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:21:10 pm »
Welcome Cass,
I enjoyed your blog.  I would be interested to know the recipe for the sugar icing you feed your bees with in the winter

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:03:38 pm »
I believe hes from West Virginia :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:23:39 pm by buzzbee »

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:45:22 pm »
I beleieve hes from West Virginia :)

Still needs to list location in profile for future posts. It is very helpful to know where someone is from, what specific area, to answer certain questions.

......JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:27:29 pm »
Listing location is not a requirement,even though it is helpful.Some people are reluctant to list where they live on the internet even though I'm sure it was an oversite on Cass' part.At this point he wasn't asking for advice,just inviting us to his blog and said he enjoys the forum.
Welcome Cass and visit often!!

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:45:51 am »
Welcome Cass. 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 12:47:19 am »
Wasn't trying to be pushy about it. ;)

......JP

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 08:34:19 am »
Listing location is not a requirement,even though it is helpful.Some people are reluctant to list where they live on the internet even though I'm sure it was an oversite on Cass' part.At this point he wasn't asking for advice,just inviting us to his blog and said he enjoys the forum.

True, but saying you're in, say, southeastern Texas isn't exactly listing your location, it's giving a clue what your general conditions are.  I'm on Ambient Weather, and you can't register there at all without giving a location (general will do), because specific help can't be given without it. 

For that matter, Cass, your blog is really nice and I will be reading it often.  Welcome!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:57:22 am »
Cass welcome, been reading here since last spring?  What took you so long to get on our forum, hee, hee?  You know that this is a wonderful place for learning and having some great chats and lots of laughs too.  Very happy to see that you finally joined in, it is wonderful to have new members, you will bring knowledge to our forum and I am surely going to check out your blog, good for you. Have an awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cass Cohenour

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 06:19:26 am »
>Could you please update your profile to include your location.

Well, uh, I guess if you would have taken the time took at my blog you couldn't help but know where I am at.

>Still needs to list location in profile for future posts. It is very helpful to know where someone is from, what specific area, to answer certain questions.

I agree with that if I was someone who would be asking a lot of questions. OK you got me so here's my first question; did you look at my blog? Check out the post on it where I did a cut-out at a US Post Office. There is a big sign on the front of the post office that says, "Sabine, WV". I even said in my blog that I did the cut-out in the next county east of mine. If you would have done some cyber sleuthing you would find out I live in Boone County which is in southern West Virginia. I live about twenty minutes or twenty miles south of Charleston, WV, the state capitol. My coordinates are lat 38.13150, long -81.83290, well I'm within four miles of those coordinates (use decimal values, not degrees, go to Mapquest and put them in and look at the aerial view). Be sure to use the satellite imagery so you can see all the beautiful mountains around my house. :) But it's OK you didn't look at my blog although I have been spending a lot of time on it since I started it at the first of the year (new year's resolution) in hopes that you fine people might enjoy my pictures and what I write about. ;)

>Listing location is not a requirement,even though it is helpful.Some people are reluctant to list where they live on the internet even though I'm sure it was an oversite on Cass' part.At this point he wasn't asking for advice,just inviting us to his blog and said he enjoys the forum.

Thanks Buzzbee, can I put you on my buddy list? I didn't realize this crowd could be so tough. Thanks for having my back!!!

>Wasn't trying to be pushy about it.

I know you wasn't though I was eerily reminded of my father... I'll let you on my buddy list too after you check out that satellite imagery of where I live. And you have to check that blog out too. :-D

>True, but saying you're in, say, southeastern Texas isn't exactly listing your location, it's giving a clue what your general conditions are.  I'm on Ambient Weather, and you can't register there at all without giving a location (general will do), because specific help can't be given without it. For that matter, Cass, your blog is really nice and I will be reading it often.  Welcome!

Well, I hope the coordinates will suffice. If you check them out on mapquest you will see a sea of green forests around my home and 0% agricultural lands. Thanks for reading the blog. It's encouraging when people say nice things about it and makes me want to put more out there for ya!!!

Cindi, I just didn't join cause I don't have much to ask about and it seems the site is already covered by some intelligent people who usually have very good advice. I'm not saying that I know it all but I have the basics down pretty good. I still make mistakes even after ten years. I have enjoyed reading your "ramblings" and you seem to be such a wonderful person as does mostly everyone on here.

Kimbrell, I don't think grandpa would appreciate me giving up his secret recipe of 11 different sugars and essential oils. It's pretty easy to make. It's a lot like fondant just thinner so you can work it into the comb. You can add honey-b-healthy to it or a canola oil/menthol mix for tracheal mites. You can use crisco for something like a grease patty. I'll post a link in the general forum are if the moderator's will let me. I haven't seen anyone post it before but it has all the info you need for just about any type of feed.
Happy beekeeping!!!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 07:42:06 am »
Okay everyone,
Lets move on  and enjoy the pleasant ,wonderful conversations we love to participate in here at Beemaster! 
Hopefully before long Mother Nature gives a a break and lets us out to get rid of the cabin fever.
I hope all stop by often and add a little something here even if it's not Beekeeping.We all know we have plenty of topic areas. This forum gives me great pleasure reading through the long winter nights when we can't be out.
I have gotten to know a little about many people through the forum and through the Ventrilo voice chat where a gathering of us chat quite regularly.
We have gotten to know each other on a more personal level than otherwise may have been possible.
 If any one else has a blog site they would like to share,you should post a link to it. many of us would like to see it I'm sure.
Have a great day everybody!! :) :)                                     Ken

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:51:52 am »
Ken, yep, so let's move on.   We're havin' that greatest of days.

One thing I must say though to add to this strange little thread.  Cass, you have obviously worked very hard on your blog, and really would love people to look at it, that shines through.  You are slightly annoyed that people haven't, just remember, people get really busy (you know that too).  Yes, when people work so hard on something, it should be acknowledged.  I am going to bookmark your blog and have a look and I am sure many of our other forum friends will be doing that too.  I just have so many time constraints in my life (and so do others, yep, yep).  You have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 11:07:27 am »
Cass, I saved your blog so I can view it later in more detail. I glanced at it just now and it looks good. ;)

Sincerely, JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 01:39:58 pm »
I also saved your blog and will check it out later. It looks really good. Thanks for sharing

Annette

Offline Cass Cohenour

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 06:18:54 pm »
Hey all. Thanks guys. You know it's all good :mrgreen:

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 08:42:54 pm »
Thanks for the info Cass.  I went to your blog and was very happy to find all those recipes listed there.  I had not thought of putting feed directly in the comb before, but I like the idea.  Also thanks for the explanation on invert sugar syrup.  Keep up the good work!

Offline ApisNovus

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 10:47:56 pm »
we love to participate in here at Beemaster!!!                                 Ken

I am windering how many active and super-active participants here?  Hello everybody... I am Apis Novus, actually I am re-novus.. I hope that this forum will be helpful for me... Cheers

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 11:13:36 pm »
Howdy! Welcome to beemaster!

.....JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 12:23:23 am »
ApisNovus.  Welcome, it is so nice to have new members coming here to spend some great time.  The perfect place to learn, where no answer is every considered unimportant, and all answers will be answered.  You will enjoy your time here, that is a given.  Have a great and best of day.  Cindi

Offline mlewis48

• House Bee
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 10:55:24 am »
 Cass,
 Welcome to the show, great to see you here. I have been reading your blogg for sometime now. Alot of information on there. I  hope that you share your knowledge on this forum like you do in your blogg and other forums. Look forward to meeting you , this spring, when I get my nucs and queens from you.
                                                         Have  a great day,
                                                         Marcus
" Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get"

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 07:17:51 pm »
Hey Cass, like your blog. The links section is missing beemaster. :-\

Offline Cass Cohenour

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 01:35:51 am »
I don't know how I could have missed it. I'll fix it for ya. ;)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 09:53:22 am »
I like the recipes that you have listed. Lots of info there, Good work.

anything