Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nice bee pic  (Read 3095 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Nice bee pic
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:26:05 pm »
One of my girls on some jasmine. Dunno if I posted this before.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Nice bee pic
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 11:24:09 pm »
Mick,
Is she covered in pollen,nectar or both?
love the picture

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:18:59 am »
Mick,
Is she covered in pollen,nectar or both?
love the picture

mick you aint doing powder sugar treatments are you ;)
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 03:10:21 am »
No ted! youre the only one that make sugar water instead of honey.......finski told me!

Offline Billy The Beekeeper

• House Bee
  • My Strong Hive
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:49:32 pm »
Nice pic m8        :-D               :mrgreen:
Experienced BeeKeeper :D

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:12:23 pm »
No ted! youre the only one that make sugar water instead of honey.......finski told me!

Ole Finsky is my Buddie no matter how many time we tango!!!!!! that man knows how to make honey and I try to use all the info he has....... now sometimes I do use alot of sugar water but only on my hives I am raising bee's (queens) ;) . like a old timer told me sugar makes bee's!!!!!!! thats what I have seen.. I still have my hives I use for honey....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline BEE C

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 05:04:27 am »
Thats a cool bee shot.  I didn't realize jasmine flowers had such white pollen.  Better get that bee into rehab...

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 11:35:30 am »
Mick, beautiful picture.  I don't think that you have posted this picture before.  I love that white pollen!!!!  I bet your jasmine smells like nothing on this earth.  I love the fragrance of those "white" flowered" plants, white always seems to have the highest degree of perfume.  I would love to know the jasmine spieces.  Do you know?

I have a jasmine vine that I grow inside because it is so tender I have never put it outside.  It gets tiny little white flowers and the fragrance is intoxicating.

Yesterday I was at my local nursery, just checking things out. I love to look (and smell the nursery fragrances).  I was walking along, looking at many immature perennials, then suddenly, I got the most beautiful fragrance that drifted deep into my nostrils.  I have an uncanny sense of smell, so I followed my nose.  I could not believe what I was seeing.

There was a table of many cultivars of clematis.  I followed my nose and there were these beautiful white flowered vines.  Of course.  White.  Fragrance.  I came closer.  Irresistable.  The smell was that of the gardenia, jasmine, could have been reminiscent of the hyacinth (white of course is best).

It was an evergreen species with very large and flat leaves.  The cultivar Clematis "Armandii".  So, I picked up two.  One for my sister and one for good ol' me.  The plants looked very healthy and I know that they were probably greenhouse-forced to bloom a little earlier than what will naturalize for next year.  So, I anticipate they will bloom around the beginning of April next year, not the beginning of March, as these are doing right now.

Holy crow, I just looked at the plant tag to properly identify the vine and I think that I can actually smell the fragrance of the flowers on the tag.  Is that possible?  Hmmm..me think not, probably just the power of my imagination. No...it must have a fragrance, my dog just smelled it to and gave the tag a really good whiff.  Eee gads!!!!!

I will take cuttings of the Clematis and next year should have several nicely established vines vining around my yard.  Guess I will need to ask my husband to create some more arbours.  This he will do with glee, he loves to build and create beautiful pieces of work so that I can place beautiful pieces of my work on or within his work. LOL. 

Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything