Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Very Pissy Bees Removed From Garage  (Read 3339 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Very Pissy Bees Removed From Garage
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:06:43 pm »
This one was done on Tuesday July 3, 2012. The same day Emil and I removed the bumble bee colony from underneath the house trailer in Destrehan, Louisiana. This hive had quite a bit of attitude! It was determined that the queen was vacumed. Hope you enjoy the video but the removal was rough!

...JP

Very Pissy Reserve Bees Removed From Garage
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Very Pissy Bees Removed From Garage
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:20:41 pm »
Ouch! I feel for ya on that one. We removed an old water heater tank from a field the other day that really lit me up...not fun!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:41:07 pm »
I knew they had to be a little warm to see you suited up. I also noted that you have a hydration system, how do you like it? I've thought about getting one myself, either that or air conditioning. LOL As much as I love cutouts this heat sucks!
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:11:17 pm »
Great job JP !

Everybody has to "suit up" once in awhile.

June and I "suit up" all of the time.

Larry

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 09:24:11 pm »
Good video.   Sorry to see you could not hypnotize those bees like you normally do.   I was worried that the house was going to fall in as you were tearing it apart. 

Offline Biddybean

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »
Wow that was very interesting. Thanks for keeping with it despite the stings.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 12:35:54 am »
David, I like it. Really is a life saver on these hot days we've been having. I really have Emil to thank as he insisted I get one. Mine is from Academy Outdoors. It holds 100oz. Cost was $89.00 but I had a $50.00 gift card.

Emil ordered an insulated tube for his. His also has a wire in the tube that keeps it positioned exactly where you need it if its under your veil.

I fill mine with chunks of block ice, then add water. 100oz goes quite a long way.

Yeah folks these were a little bit too 'hot."

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 11:12:33 am »
Dang I didn't even know you had gloves...;)  They must have been quite hot.  Did you find that queen for requeening?  How hot were they as you searched for her?
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 01:35:11 pm »
Dang I didn't even know you had gloves...;)  They must have been quite hot.  Did you find that queen for requeening?  How hot were they as you searched for her?

On that day, I performed this removal and I had Emil do another one in the same area. We were both in Reserve, Louisiana that day and met up after each of our removals. His hive was nice BTW. :-D

We then went to his bee yard which we share and set the hive up. We then went on and did the bumble bee removal. We didn't finish until after midnight. I believe I got home at 1 AM the next morning.

Emil informed me that he did not see the queen the following day but after a few days or so (which I just now found out last night) the colony absconded from the set up. They pretty much will do that only if they have a queen.

So, that's the skinny of it.

...JP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 03:35:49 pm »
Hot hive on the loose.