Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wannabe Newbie from Texas  (Read 8108 times)

Offline tecumseh

• House Bee
Re: Wannabe Newbie from Texas
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 07:44:32 am »
howdy neighbor..

beth in the woods writes:
Do individuals ever sell bees to other locals?  That's kind of what we're hoping for since we're too late to get bees from the nearest professional aviary.

tecumseh:
well you ain't that far from any number of professional and sideline beekeepers that do sell packages, nucs or entire hives.  you just need to choose.

if you are new to beekeeping the Central Texas Beekeeping Association in Brenham has a beekeeping school in the spring (late march early april).  we do a hands on bee school with a pot luck for lunch.  any number of folks have informed me it gave them enough confidence to give beekeeping a go. 
I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: Wannabe Newbie from Texas
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 08:20:34 am »
The was almost good enough to re-register as "Mr Marbles" but I think not. My wife has been toying with the idea of goats, and I've been distracting her with other offers to do other projects. (wood burning oven may be in the works here.)
Other members have seen me post about getting my first bees before (apologies to them) -to make a long story short - I was about to travel halfway across the state, and wound up finding someone about 10 miles up the road. - I guess it just depends on how long you're ok with having a phone next to your ear.
be happy and make others happy.