Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greeting from UK  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Landy

• Brood
Greeting from UK
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:20:59 am »
Hi, names Dave live in Cornwall UK.

I play with Landrovers hence the name and wood. Got a commission to make some hives.

I thought about it while making them and went on a course.

Asked a local strawberry producer if a could put a hive near his crops, said yes and by the way there are a couple of abandoned hives which have been left for a few years somewhere over there (waving a finger) after a little cutting back and a lot of bushwhacking through the undergrowth I and the proud owner of 6 nationals 4 of which are active.

Here I am to learn very fast and with a lot of stupid questions when I get stuck.

Dave

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Greeting from UK
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 09:57:42 am »
Good luck with your new found bee's. This is my first year with bee's to so I can't help much. I use the search to find most of the stuff I need. There is allot of people here that will help you on your quest of knowledge of bees.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 02:59:27 pm »
Welcome to the site Dave. And nice find... :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 03:43:34 pm »
don't worry about "stupid" questions.  we all have them, or have had them.  ask away, or do a search and you'll get answers.  probably more answers than you know what do do with, all of them different!   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 04:19:23 pm »
Welcome Dave, sounds like fun. Wish I could help you work them.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 10:33:52 pm »
Hello and Welcome Dave
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 02:23:26 pm »
Dave, welcome to our forum, so nice that you found us, and what an interesting thing to have found those colonies of bees in the bush.  Here can be a place where you can ask questions, no question is considered dumb, we all began one time too.  Stick around, tell us your stories, tales and experiences, we love to listen, you will also make some really good friends.  Have a wonderful day, life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service