Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Did your bee clubs package order get cut back this year ?  (Read 9068 times)

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
Re: Did your bee clubs package order get cut back this year ?
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 05:15:45 pm »
We got ours May 2nd. Less than a week later than the original date.
Tim

Offline Dan in PA

• New Bee
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2011, 03:01:21 am »
I had a few orders trickle in today.  I had to tell them mid-May but that it could be later.  They were fine with that.  Its been painful this week, but you just have to hope everything will work itself out.

I might have been one of those orders  ;) I'm not expecting any miracles having ordered this late - We just moved to a location where beekeeping is possible. But hey, if you have any unclaimed packages ready... :-D

I set up and shot professional fireworks shows for a few summers. We ran into problems similar to a beekeeper waiting impatiently for packages. Replace commercial package bee suppliers with pyrotechnics manufacturers and bees with 2"-12" pyrotechnic shells. There was the same frenzied ordering period and hurry-up-and-wait delivery period. You always had to wonder if your shipment really was delayed simply by heavy demand or if there were deals going on under the table. Competition was of course vicious. Not to mention US and Chinese customs, ATF and a host of other agencies and stacks of paperwork, licenses and inspections. 1.3G placards seem to draw attention.

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 11:11:24 am »
I got mine pushed back and then told sorry refunding all monies.  I went through Brushey Mountain to NOT get mine this year.. dang weather.
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:02 pm »
I got mine pushed back and then told sorry refunding all monies.  I went through Brushey Mountain to NOT get mine this year.. dang weather.

Ouch!

895 packages cancelled. Many ticked off customers.

Our order for April 9th, was partially filled on May 7, with the rest coming May 27 or 28.
Nearly two months late.  And here I thought packages were supposed to be filled prior to northern nucs.  :roll:

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Dan in PA

• New Bee
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 12:45:05 am »

Ouch!

895 packages cancelled. Many ticked off customers.

Our order for April 9th, was partially filled on May 7, with the rest coming May 27 or 28.
Nearly two months late.  And here I thought packages were supposed to be filled prior to northern nucs.  :roll:

I emailed you about a package today, hope I got in before the door closed!  8-) By the way, the articles on Warre and Top Bar beekeeping on your site are a nice touch. I'm trying out 2 TBHs this year so we'll see how that goes.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2011, 09:45:21 pm »
 Our clubs packages were all cancelled and everyone will be issued a refund. One of the club members found a source of Wilbank's packages in R.I. on June 4th or 5th. I ordered 5 and won't complain about the late start this year because I know I'm lucky to have ANY coming. I was planning on having 22 hives this year, we'll end up with 8 when all is said and done. :( :(  Maybe next year ??
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau