Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Interesting article about propolis  (Read 3446 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Interesting article about propolis
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:48:23 am »
Perfect timing! I've a very close friend who has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I'll make sure to pass on the info...thanks for the link!!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline RZRBCK BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:58:47 pm »
You're welcome

Offline saperica

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 01:24:02 pm »
Go to bee-hexagon.net and check propolid book and others boks are for download free

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 06:24:37 pm »
oolrait!

Prostata cancer is the most usual cander in men. You really beleive that the cure has been know for hundreds of years.

You may believe if you want, but the story is pure carbage.
Life is not that easy.
Language barrier NOT included

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 06:43:28 pm »

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/prostate

Definition of prostate cancer: Cancer that forms in tissues of the prostate (a gland in the male reproductive system found below the bladder and in front of the rectum). Prostate cancer usually occurs in older men.
 Estimated new cases and deaths from prostate cancer in the United States in 2012:

New cases: 241,740

Deaths: 28,170

Offline RZRBCK BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:12 am »
Wow Finski. The way you so easily dismissed that article. Didn't know you were a doctor also. My thoughts? First off, I do believe there is a cure for all that ails mankind but I can promise you that if it was found to be something as simple as propolis or anything else for that matter, the powers that be in the govt and the drug companies would spend millions of dollars portraying it as hogwash as you say. If they can't patent it and make billions they ain't gonna bother with it. Doctors nowadays treat symptoms and not diseases because there is more money in it. The old saying, you can shear a sheep a thousand times but you can only kill it once holds true here. I believe in God and that everything we need is provided somewhere and someplace but it is our responsibility or task to find or discover it and it may be as simple as an herb, weed, or propolis. Doctors used to treat and study symptoms and listen to the patient and work diligently at trying to discover cures but nowadays  they are in a rut of rushing patients thru just for the $$$$ and pushing the latest drugs where they got kickbacks from. We have here in the US the best doctors in the world for such problems where surgery can fix problems but when it comes to diseases that can't be fixed by surgery then we are crippled by the FDA and the drug companies because of the money. Those were scientists that discovered propolis had a profound effect on stopping prostate cancer cells from growing but not curing and I would be very happy if that was true and would eat propolis every day for the rest of my life and be happy with that. On the other hand, those same scientists were given grant money to do those studies and probably later on some others will be given more grant money to debunk the same discovery. Greed is a powerful thing and it's the reason they don't want to find a cure for cancer. They make more money treating than curing. You gave us your opinion and now I have given mine.

Offline Rodger J.

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:38:26 am »
No cancer can survive in an alkaline environment. Keep your body more alkaline than acidic and cancer cells will not grow. Get some test strips and test your body. The word cancer is copy written by the American Cancer Society and they have no intention of killing their golden goose. There are many thing you can take to ward of cancer. Propolis might just be one. Do the research for yourself. Don't just accept that cancer is a done deal.

I'm not a doctor. I didn't play one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

Offline RZRBCK BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 11:09:48 am »
Exactly right Rodger

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 02:57:17 pm »
I'm not a doctor. I didn't play one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)
I'm staying at a Holiday Inn right now but it doesn't help. :roll:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline calrow99

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »
 Rodger!! Rodger :-D

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »
No cancer can survive in an alkaline environment. Keep your body more alkaline than acidic and cancer cells will not grow.

one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

oh my goodness. Body blood has very steady pH. It is 7,5. You cannot change it.

When beekeepers are not able to make 1:1 syrup without pals' now they are healing the most dangerous canger.

God gove, god took. Thank to hottentotti...

Offline bwdenen

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 07:29:46 pm »
oh my goodness. Body blood has very steady pH. It is 7,5. You cannot change it.

Actually...not to be picky, but normal pH is 7.35 - 7.45.  And it can change depending on respiratory rate, bicarbonate levels etc that exist in the body.  Usually from some disease state such as Emphysema or a few others that affect blood chemistry.  Granted the body works very hard to regain normalcy, but change can be affected.  As a 20+ year Respiratory Therapist, I have personally seen chronic lung diseased patients with a pH approaching 6.0 and were still functioning.  Seen others with a pH in the 7.70 range.  :)

Offline Jonat

• New Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 09:19:32 am »
Something as simple as eating tomato sauce a few times a week has been shown to beneficially affect prostate cancer, so I would not be at all surprised to find that propolis might also be of use. None of these things are a guaranteed cure for all people. None of these things would be a replacement for proper care. But often a person is told that the best option for their type of prostate cancer is simply to wait and watch ... that would be a very good time to consider eating more pizza and take propolis.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 09:35:36 am »
I have personally seen chronic lung diseased patients with a pH approaching 6.0 and were still functioning. 

HALLELUJA!!! 
(and special halleluja to wikipedia)

Offline Rodger J.

• New Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 10:42:23 am »
Yes! It is a miracle isn't it!  :)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 12:52:36 pm »
My OB hive puts nice clean propolis in the vents on top of the hive. This past weekend, after reading this thread, I pealed some off and ate it. Kind of sticky to the teeth but not bad.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything