Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Took a break from beekeeping  (Read 2482 times)

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Took a break from beekeeping
« on: July 18, 2015, 01:34:56 am »
I went fishing for a couple of days and thought that I'd do a little bragging.  I only caught five fish (bluecat): 44lb, 30lb, two that were 20-25lb each and one that was about 5 lb.  The pictures are of the two biggest.

http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/chris_orth1/library/Fish

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Took a break from beekeeping
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 06:50:53 am »
Way to go Chris.
How long were they? I ask because we have 3 catfish in our pond that are at least 2 feet long. Just wondering how much they would weigh.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:12:24 pm »
Sawdstmakr, did you notice CAO, like many fishermen, did not say where he caught those beauties?
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »
I didn't measure them, but if you look at the picture, the 44 lb bluecat is just under 4 ft.  The 30 lb bluecat is about 3 1/2 ft. 

As far as where I caught them, It was in the White River about 7 miles upstream to where in meets the Wabash River.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 03:33:52 pm »
My wife and I use to do a lot of fishing. When we caught the big ones we did a couple of things to make them taste better. When cleaning I'd stab the blood vessel that ran up the spine and hose the heck out of them. Also once you cut the meat up let it soak over night in salt and baking soda - takes the lake water taste out of them. For a long time we'd freeze them in milk jugs full of water. Didn't take long before we ran out of space.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything