Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ft. Lauderdale shout out.  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Billybee

• House Bee
    • My myspace page for beekeeping
Ft. Lauderdale shout out.
« on: September 19, 2009, 08:02:35 am »
I have been using the forum and have not done this yet.

My name is Billy and my cousin picked the name billybee while we were setting up the page. I didnt care what the name was. Turns out it's a honey brand.

We had a hive in our house. We heard that bees were in trouble so we had someone help remove it and get them into the box. I videotaped the whole thing and will post when I get around to editing.That particular hive absonded and I know why. I will leave it at that.

I went and removed my 2nd hive from a school doing things my own way. I left with the complete hive queen and all.It was small but it is growing rapidly. Seems like theres no food shortage in Florida. I see the girls bringing in LOADS of pollen all day long. Im not sure if it will slow down in winter here but right now I am guessing the winter is not too big of an issue. I am sure I will be corrected here at beemaster forum.

I am now obsessed with this. I love watching them work. Maybe someday I will even get some honey. I did manage 3 gallons from the bees in the house. It is dark and very good.

Gotta read more bee stuff.

Billy

Can somebody tell me where I can find a foundation tree?

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Ft. Lauderdale shout out.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:00:34 pm »
Hello and Welcome Billy
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 09:52:54 pm »
Hello Billy and Welcome and good luck with your bees.
Bobby

Offline JWPick

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20:31 am »
Welcome Billy! Great to have you here in the Forum. You're gonna have lots of fun and learn a lot!

Offline Mehmet Yüksel

• New Bee
  • Mehmet Yüksel
    • Beekeeper from Germany
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 04:04:35 pm »
Welcome to the Forum Billy :)
I'm from turkey and live in Germany and I like Beekeeping very very much.
My Beekeeping Homepage http://mehmetyuksel1.blogspot.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:36:56 am »
Billy, welcome to our forum, so great you have found us.  You have have great success with that colony of bees that you got, and the honey from the absconded colony is a bonus.  I think your climate supports bees all year around.  Stick around, this will be a place where you will see you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, to people who care and listen.  We love new members.  You are deeply held under the spell of the honeybee that is clear -- we are all too.  Have a most wonderful day and awesome life, health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Animator

• House Bee
    • Bee Nursery
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 04:57:46 pm »
Greetings...

IF there is anything you need, let me know. I live in South Florida nearby.