Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey stimulates cytochrome P450  (Read 1367 times)

Offline FRAMEshift

• Super Bee
Honey stimulates cytochrome P450
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0031051

There's a lot of info in this article.  One important point is that components of honey stimulate a de-toxing system in bees.  Bees fed honey lived longer when exposed to aflatoxin than did bees fed HFCS or sugar.  A good reason to feed honey to your bees when possible.

Another interesting finding (which you can see in Table 2) is that bees not treated with aflatoxin or any other toxin lived longer when fed honey that when fed HFCS or sugar.  But also, bees fed HFCS lived longer than bees fed sugar.
"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Honey stimulates cytochrome P450
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:45:30 pm »
First we have the Krebs cycle, now the P450 Cytochrome.  Sounds like we have a biochemical throwdown under way!

It is amazing how much time and energy humans have spent analyzing a bug isn’t it. 

An interesting article frameshift.  It’s above my head, and I will admit it  :-D

Offline FRAMEshift

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:53:23 pm »
An interesting article frameshift.  It’s above my head, and I will admit it  :-D

Well, the most relevant part is all summarized in Table 2, and it's not complicated.  Honey is good for bees.  But maybe you already knew that.   :evil:
"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:55:01 pm »
I was starting to draw that conclusion  :)