Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: GM crops might be the cause???  (Read 24551 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: GM crops might be the cause???
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 12:06:20 pm »
hehehehehe, that ain't me, it some poor sole that picture I found on the net, I wouldn't put that on my head if I had to  ;) , about the only thing I put on my head is a pumpkin head the morning after  :-P

Just sometimes we agree to disagree, its nothing personal.  :cheer:
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Vetch

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 04:50:56 pm »
I have NO respect for researchers that start a conversation or dialog with "If you do not believe what I say....you must be blind or deaf".

Sounds like kooks from a tree hugging club that have a set agenda, and with information that I am skeptical from the start, in regards to their professionalism, approach, and attitude of others.

It's not at all clear that the researchers said any such thing ... more likely, it was the description from bloggers or who ever described the research. The link goes to something that is only in Italian (which I don't speak), so I can't say for sure.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 04:21:22 pm »
... I know the GM people are doing all they can to feed the world ...

You got to be kidding me.  The GM people are doing all they can do to line their pockets with gold.  They are not much different than our elected officials who are helping them at the costs of the people in hard times.

People are becoming educated and that scares the heck out of the GM people because they could loose their gold lined pockets if the masses do an about face.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 04:46:41 pm »
yes, "profit" is such a nasty word.  things should be developed and given to the world as an act of human kindness. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 06:31:26 pm »
yes, "profit" is such a nasty word.  things should be developed and given to the world as an act of human kindness. 

It should be changed to "Profit.....a nasty word when describing someone Else's money"  ;) 

I've never met anyone who would not take a pay raise, or want to make more money for their family. And I've never met anyone who voluntarily payed more taxes then they needed too.

But it amazes me how those same values change when they start complaining about the next guy.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline showme714

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 12:36:22 am »

Austrian scientists concluded that GM crops cause infertility....they were feeding mouses. For humans we don't know yet but we will in couple of decades....

Maybe that is the whole point with the corn,population control!
[/quote]

I'm sure that is part of it since the globalists say we are "useless feeders" and have documented their thoughts on reducing the population. As far as the bees and any other insects go, it is no secret that on of the documented advantages in their opinion to these GMO crops is the built in pesticides.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 01:29:25 am »
I can't say, but maybe I should ask, if all the corn around me is Bt corn, but last I heard, no one in Nebraska had reported CCD and we certainly have a lot of corn.  All my bees are in the middle of corn.

The other issue of Bt is that I've been spraying actual Bt (rather than the gene that they spliced into the corn that makes the toxin) for many years on combs for wax moths with no ill effects that I can see.  So Bt toxin seems to be a doubtful cause of CCD.  I'm not saying I think GMO is a wise thing to do, I don't.  But I don't think it's the cause of CCD, at least not from the corn.

The neonics seem like a more likely issue.  Again, I'm sure it's being used here as well as other places so that might weigh against that theory... but I can't remember the last time I saw dew here... we just don't get dew here often.   It takes a particular set of circumstances that doesn't seem to happen often in the summer.  So perhaps it's a combination of the neonics and the dew, or a combination of all of that plus other things...

A bee colony is a very complex thing and the world is even more complex...

I am having trouble with the whole "life expectancy" thing and the "30 years" thing.  We weren't doing genetic engineering 30 years ago, and in the last 30 I don't see a significant change in life expectancy...

Now if you are comparing selective breeding with GMO and lumping them together, I think you're comparing boxing gloves with hand grenades.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything