Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Second hive removal 2013  (Read 1674 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
Second hive removal 2013
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:22 pm »

[url=http://[url=http://postimage.org/image/5v7h9wjbp/]]
[url=http://postimage.org/image/5v7h9wjbp/]

Did this one in about four hours and landed another just down the street for tommorrow. Need some wooden ware real quick like!
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
Re: Second hive removal 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:19:58 pm »
Now you're just showing off...  ;) 

For us in the more Northern climates we can only enjoy your photos and wait for Spring to arrive.  I do appreciate the photos, that was one large hive.  Considering its apparent strength, all that fresh pollen and how early we are in the season it would have undoubtedly issued some serious swarms.  Did you get the queen and do you have any idea of how long it'd been there?  Looks like at least a couple years.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »
Now you're just showing off...  ;) 

For us in the more Northern climates we can only enjoy your photos and wait for Spring to arrive.  I do appreciate the photos, that was one large hive.  Considering its apparent strength, all that fresh pollen and how early we are in the season it would have undoubtedly issued some serious swarms.  Did you get the queen and do you have any idea of how long it'd been there?  Looks like at least a couple years.
Neighbor said at least ten years and as dark as some of the hive was very possible. It was 2ft x 8ft and found a couple queen cells but no drone or drone cells. We are figuring the hive we are going after tommorrow was a swarm from that hive being as close as it is and many old cypress barns in the area there is no telling how many hives are hiding around. Gives me chance to rebuild what I lost last year.
Blanc
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:47:59 pm »
Congratulations Blanc, that looks like one large colony.  I've been putting the word out at work that I'm interested in doing that kind of stuff but no bites yet. Do you advertise or are these coming to by word of mouth?
Later,
Ray

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:08:52 pm »
Congratulations Blanc, that looks like one large colony.  I've been putting the word out at work that I'm interested in doing that kind of stuff but no bites yet. Do you advertise or are these coming to by word of mouth?

All by word of mouth Ray and I do have some biz cards that I hand out and the county ag agent here gives my name out when folks ask. Learned from JP,Hardwood and others here on how to best do it but until you get into a hive and are covered with those girls on one can fully prepare you for the experience.
 Blanc

anything