Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Little bee coming out!  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Little bee coming out!
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
I was watching the hive today and observed several small, too small, of bees walking out and going back in. By the time I got the camera most have went back into the hive. I figure they are new hatches but that is just my guess. Look at the third picture, look at the bee that is to the right of the entrance walking away from the entrance. The head, the eyes, the wings are all smaller than the bees around it. There was no fighting with the bees and I will open the hive on Thursday, suppose to be in the high 70's, so I can check and feed them.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Little bee coming out!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:44 am »
Shawn, some nice pictures you got there.  It probably was a young bee, the baby bees are tiny, fuzzy looking and more light coloured than their older sisters.  Thank you for sharing.  And have a most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi

This is what a brand new baby bee looks like.  See the emerging brood and the lighter coloured ones on the face of the comb?  Pretty interesting to see the difference

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:24:02 pm »
Wow, I see it and that is what mine looked like. Ive noticed in the past few dyas more and more smaller ones coming out to take a look. I tried to get close to take pictures, no suit on, and the older ones did not like me taking photos without permission. No stings just a lot of buzzing and head butts.

Offline BEES4U

• House Bee
    • E. B. LUCAS APIARIES
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 01:07:19 pm »
Nice photo!
What kind of camera did you use?
Ernie
E. B. LUCAS APIARIES
bees4u.com
(Queen Breeder)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 10:48:52 am »
Ernie, I use a Sony Cybershot 10.1 mega pixels, DSC N2

It has an awesome macro lense, it lives with me when I am outside, it is flat enough that it lives in the back pocket of my jeans.  I take too many pictures, I know that, but it is fun.  I take all my pictures in the 4 MB size, when I bring to the internet, they are resized to under 100kb, so they load quickly and if I am correct, even users with dial up can view them easily.  Well, I hope that I am correct anyways.  Have that most wonderful and awesomely fabulous day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 02:03:38 am »
Lovely Cindi! I happen to also get some photos the other day:

(Click the photo to see more)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 11:52:52 am »
Scott, wow!!!  Now that was a very great picture, that is a really nice macro lens you got, I was very impressed.  I tried to look at the other pics that you typed could be seen, but I didn't see them.  That was a really furry little bee, eh?  Have a wonderful, great day, great health.  Cindi

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 12:19:11 pm »
Thanks Cindi!