Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hey from iowa  (Read 2057 times)

Offline jasonfitz

• New Bee
hey from iowa
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:15:33 am »
hey everyone. im from central iowa and just started beekeeping this year. i am having a blast sofar. any one else on here from iowa?

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: hey from iowa
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:15:45 am »
Hello and Welcome Jasonfitz 
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 10:02:22 am »
Jason, welcome to our forum, great you have found us.  First year beekeeping, cool.  You will soon find out that you are held deeply under the spell of the honeybee, we all are, they have a way with the human being.  Stick around.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, you will also make some new friends, we love new members.  We can also help you to learn, ask your questions, all questions are important and will get great answers.  Have a most wonderful day, to love and live this great life with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 05:50:41 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster! :)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:31:41 pm »
Hi Jason...welcome!

I just returned from a trip to Iowa (does Primghar ring a bell?) and noticed a real lack of beeks there, especially with all the soy beans in production! I went to the Prairie heritage center and saw wonderful fields of "tall grass prairie" just full of flowers and wondered why no bees. The center said they would be willing to allow a beek to place hives there....might be a good out-yard if you're close.

Peace be yours,
Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline jasonfitz

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:57:04 pm »
thanks for the replys eveyone.

hardwood, i did some coon hunting up by primghar once, but it about 180 miles from where i live. i only have a few hives in my back yard right now but there is an organic farmer just outside of town that wants me to put some out at his place. hopfully i can get some started out there next spring.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 10:30:10 pm »
Welcome Jason. In a previous life, I spent lots of time in Iowa, the Mt. Pleasant area. Ate some of the best pork chops and steaks. 

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 11:27:19 pm »
Welcome Jason!  You will find more information than you can use and many many ways to solve any problem.  The stories and everyday happenings with bees and life are wonderful!
Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard