Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Feeding pollen dry.  (Read 14686 times)

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
Re: Feeding pollen dry.
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 04:04:00 am »

But that's actually informative Finski!  Cool!  !

Somebody wrote about "simple" things.Only to be and breath is very complex in creature.

When I first time heard about mitochondria in University, it made me felt fizzy. They are energy units in living creatures, where sugar will be splitted to energy + CO2 + H2O

Wikipedia: A recent study[58] by researchers of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and the Oregon State University, indicates that the SAR11 clade of bacteria shares a relatively recent common ancestor with the mitochondria existing in most eukaryotic cells.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrion

Language barrier NOT included

Offline jaseemtp

• House Bee
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 11:59:46 am »
Jim
What I have been doing for open feeding of dry pollen sub is.  I use a 6 inch piece of 4 inch pvc pipe.  On one end I have an end cap and the other end is a down spout.  I secure the caps to the pipe to keep it water tight and then paint them.  The down spout converts the round hole into a small square, I like to run some sand paper on the inside just to give the girls something to grip.  I then hang this in a tree and keep the opening pointed down to keep the wind and water out of it.  It has worked fantasticly for me the past few months untill we started getting real pollen here.  Now the girls are no where near them but I am sure when it dries up here they will return to them.
"It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" Zapata

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 11:46:11 pm »
Jim
What I have been doing for open feeding of dry pollen sub is.  I use a 6 inch piece of 4 inch pvc pipe.  On one end I have an end cap and the other end is a down spout.  I secure the caps to the pipe to keep it water tight and then paint them.  The down spout converts the round hole into a small square, I like to run some sand paper on the inside just to give the girls something to grip.  I then hang this in a tree and keep the opening pointed down to keep the wind and water out of it.  It has worked fantasticly for me the past few months untill we started getting real pollen here.  Now the girls are no where near them but I am sure when it dries up here they will return to them.
Any chance of posting a picture. I cannot picture it.
Thanks,
Jin
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jaseemtp

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 04:03:29 pm »
Jim I will take a picture tomorrow when I get off work

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 10:49:22 pm »
If you have the February isue of American Bee Journal there is pictures and how to of the PVC pipe, made feeders.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 12:37:00 pm »
Jim I will take a picture tomorrow when I get off work
Thanks
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jaseemtp

• House Bee
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »

Offline jaseemtp

• House Bee
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 08:01:12 pm »

Hope this helps, its the same thing that was posed in the bee magazine