Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another newBee... from PA  (Read 2639 times)

Offline MommaM

• Brood
Another newBee... from PA
« on: April 03, 2010, 05:53:52 pm »
We are about to join the empty nest crowd.
Need something going on here...
Dear Son built a Top Bar hive for me. I have one more side to paint and then it's ready for inhabitants. I hope...

Looking forward to having lots of little bees flying around.
And I wish I could take a course!

Also looking forward to looking around the forum.

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
Re: Another newBee... from PA
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:12:16 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  It would help if you added your location in your profile.  This would allow members from your area to answer your questions.  Some problems are specific to certain areas.  You'll find lots of info here, and many great people.  Have fun and enjoy your girls! :-D

Offline mswartfager

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:59:55 pm »
MommaM,

This is my second year.  I wish I would have started years ago.  I really enjoy it, but constantly have more questions than answers.  There seems to be lots of PA beekeepers.  I've heard there are a couple good beginner classes you could take in Erie and Beaver Counties - if you're located in western PA.  Have fun.

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 03:13:50 pm »
First year here from Gettysburg Area.. welcome.. empty nest.. mm I wish.. hehe

I have quite a few years left before I join you but I will be a lot more experienced with bees before then I hope.  Welcome to the boards they are the majority of my knowledge.

CV Bees
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 11:24:25 am »
Momma, welcome to our forum, so great you found us.  And wow, your Son built you a hive, that is so ding dang cool. The empty nest syndrome, a lonely day, but the days will still be wonderful, with the different type of relationship you will have, it is all good. Welcome to beekeeping!!!  Have that great, most awesome day, of love and health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline jhs494

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:57:35 am »
Welcome MommaM. You are very fortunate PA has great local beekeeper associations.
I believe the Western Pennsylvania Beekeepers in cooporation with Penn State put on a great program each year. They have many outstanding speakers, and classes.
Good Luck and have fun with your new hobby!
Joe S.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 09:31:02 pm »
Welcome, MommaM!
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline SamgeeGamwise

• New Bee
    • Organic Honey
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 12:25:49 pm »
We are about to join the empty nest crowd.
Need something going on here...
Dear Son built a Top Bar hive for me. I have one more side to paint and then it's ready for inhabitants. I hope...

Looking forward to having lots of little bees flying around.
And I wish I could take a course!

Also looking forward to looking around the forum.

Welcome to the forum and to BeeKeeping!  I'm new as well.  I'm originally from Hershey although now I'm in Oklahoma City.
My Site Buy Honey
Sell Your Honey Free! Sell Honey

If anyone is looking for an online affiliate for their honey please PM me!  I also link to select honey sites so let me know about yours!

Offline SamgeeGamwise

• New Bee
    • Organic Honey
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:31:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  It would help if you added your location in your profile.  This would allow members from your area to answer your questions.  Some problems are specific to certain areas.  You'll find lots of info here, and many great people.  Have fun and enjoy your girls! :-D

Lenape13 I love your "Don't Tread on Me" Flag!  You know I think we beekeepers are an independent lot.  In fact that was actually part of my motivation for beginning beekeeping.
My Site Buy Honey
Sell Your Honey Free! Sell Honey

If anyone is looking for an online affiliate for their honey please PM me!  I also link to select honey sites so let me know about yours!