Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Small Cell Research  (Read 2702 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Small Cell Research
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:25:49 pm »
well just wanted to let anyone that was wondering about small cell research know that I know for a fact the University of Georgia is starting its first year of studying small cell, Bill Owens (Billy Bob on Beesource) donated about 50 hives  (I think that the right number but will find out for sure soon) that are already regressed, now they will have 2 studies going, resistant bee's and small cell....... I am curious what they will find out because they have hives surviving that is on regular cells but its good for them to study small cell....... I get to go a few time's this year as a volunteer at UGA
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 08:16:36 am by TwT »
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Small Cell Research
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:47:34 am »
Thanks.  Keep us posted.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:35:01 pm »
that's super.  I'd like to know the results of a good study.  do you know how long they intend it to last?  i assume they are running controls along  with the resistant and small cell?

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 10:54:36 pm »
My success rate really improve when I stopped treating cauht swarms and started useing small cell and open brood nest .I don't like thinking I'm a paramedic for Bees.
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:03:17 am »
as soon as I talk to them I will ask and be able to answer your questions to the "T".....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic