Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Billet in Pitt Meadows  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Hannah-Davida

• New Bee
Billet in Pitt Meadows
« on: January 05, 2008, 01:39:48 pm »
This February I am attending a weekend Beekeeping course at the Honeybee Center in Pitt Meadows, BC. from the 15th thru 17th. Is there anyone out there that can offer me a billet (place to stay)? Thanks very much!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Billet in Pitt Meadows
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:43:14 pm »
Hannah, I am 15 minutes from Pitt Meadows.   I think that you are speaking about Honeyland Canada, it is in Pitt Meadows, it is run by Dr. Bee, (aka Ron Lin).  That is where I took my initial beekeeping level 1 and 2, three years ago.  Great man, great course, you will love it.

You could be more than welcome to stay at my house for this time.  We could have a very nice visit and I have a basement suite (that has been turned into my Husband's office, that right now he doesn't use all that much).  It is very comfortable and my door is welcome to you.  I could show you my bees, my property, my chickens, ducks and now turkey, you will have a great time and the bees should be pretty active by then.

Tell Ron that you are staying at my house, he would be thrilled half to death about this.  He is a great man, you will have to learn to listen closely.  He is Chinese and he has quite an accent, so be attentive, he will offer you a world of wealth in knowledge.  He loves it when you ask questions, so be prepared to ask as many questions as your heart desires, he will always say "now that is a good question", hee, hee.  Be talking to you Hannah, please accept my hospitality and offer to stay here.  That would bring that smile to my face and honestly -- would make my day.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi

Correspond to me by PM.  I won't be on the forum likely until tomorrow morning, but we will talk then.  Things to do and things to see.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:58:54 pm »
That's very nice of you to invite Hannah to stay in your home Cindi. But I can tell that you are a very warm, inviting type, by all the posts you make. Very caring of you. What if Hannah likes duck as much as me though? Does she still get the invite?

Jealous, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 11:44:52 pm »
JP, thank you for the kind words.  Maybe, if Hannah wants, I will cook her a duck, JP, I will send another picture of the duck dinner, and Hannah and I enjoying it, hee, hee.  I am kind of feeling like Brendhan and Konasdad and others that have had a chance to meet some of our forum friends, it is a cool thing for sure.  Hannah will be in the course all day Saturday and Sunday I am sure, so she will have a very busy weekend.  She will be very tired when she comes home from all the information that is going to be chalked at her.  She will need a nice, home cooked meal, and if she likes red wine -- some nice home-made red wine to go with the duck.  Hee, hee, really JP, sorry I can't share a duck dinner with you and your family.  Still....have a great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Hannah-Davida

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 02:15:29 pm »
Cindi,
You're an angel!
I'd love to meet you in person after all our dialogue and having read a good many of your posts.
Please contact me at my home email, lumbylady@gmail.com (original, ain't it?). I may not be able to respond immediately as my computer just died (after 20 years it was time. The poor thing deserves a decent burial) so I use the ones at the community center or library in town. Luckily we have a bit of time until the course starts. I'm ridiculously excited about it! Thank-you so much for your generous offer
I look forward to meeting you, and the duck!
Have a marvelous day!
Hannah-Davida

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 03:35:13 pm »
Meeting some members has been a lot of fun. I will be in Jamaice and hope to get across the island to see Sean. I Pm'd him months ago. Just finalizing plans and hope to seee if its feasible. Jamiaca is a pretty big island and not lots of roads.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 09:41:24 am »
Hannah, yes, what an original e-mail address, hee, hee.  Remember I told you that I have actually visited Lumby so many years ago?  That was with my so old and not improved husband, probably in 1973, so glad he has gone by the wayside and I have the new and improved Husband, hee, hee.

I will correspond to you through e-mail and we will finalize plans, dates, what we will do.  You will love to see my place here and the girls, boys, everything, it will be fun.  And when you are done the course and need that good food, it will be there for you.  The weather will be so much warmer by then and the daylight lengthened incredibly, so there will be time to go outside and enjoy the good ol' country air.  It will be great.  Talkin' to ya.  C.

Konasdad, that is so cool that you you are visiting another place and will meet another member, Sean.  Yea!!!!!  One day I will be a travellin' girl with my Husband.  We will travel everywhere in our 5th wheel.  That may be a few years off, but that day will come.  Right now we still focus on raising these foster children, but they are getting older and as each one will venture into the new world, we won't replace their bed with us, we will be downsizing the foster children amounts and taking on a new venue in life.  We have four of these wonderful young men, and they are maturing quickly, it makes me proud to see them grow.

Have a wonderful and the best of days.  Cindi

anything