Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: requeened hive  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Irishman

• Brood
requeened hive
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
Last Friday on the 25th I put in a new queen and on Tuesday the 29 found that the queen was in the tube sideways and dead what happen and has anyone had that problem

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
requeened hive
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:43:53 pm »
Better guesses will come if you give more information on how you installed the new queen.

Most likely the hive didn't like the new queen.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: requeened hive
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:43:06 pm »
Did you remove the old queen first? Had they gone "laying worker"? Did they have swarm cells or a virgin? We need to know the scenario better.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: requeened hive
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:07:08 am »

When you put the new queen in did the bees attack her,  pay her no attention, or what.  On the 23 I installed a new queen.  I put the cage at the enterance for several mins., then opened the hive and held her between a couple of frames of bees for a while.  The bees didn't pay her any attention, I open the cage while holding the cage down in the hive.  Checked on 29 and have new brood cells.  Good luck with your bees.

Joe

anything