Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another New Member From S.C.  (Read 3535 times)

Offline lrushton

• New Bee
Another New Member From S.C.
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:12:49 pm »
just like the other new member from S.C. on this page, i'm also a gardener. i too noticed 2 years back that i was suffering from low pollination levels in my garden.(although i had a hard time convincing my wife) she finally agreed to let me get some bee's. well right after the apples started showing up on the tree's, i told her those bee's have got to go(sarcasticly). she said why, so i told her look at those apple tree's. they looked like they'd been through a bad ice storm. they were more apples than had ever been on those tree's. the rest of my vegetable's were well pollinated as well. thank GOD for these amazing little creatures and also such a great place to discuss them.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Another New Member From S.C.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:41:30 am »
Hello and Welcome lrushton 
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny   

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:30:36 pm »
Is that your little dog???

Offline MissBee_Haven

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 07:33:30 pm »
New here as well, Welcome!  :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 11:34:23 pm »
Irushton, welcome to our forum, so nice that you found us, and so nice that you found the bees, look what they have done to your apple trees, smiling.  Stick around.  This will be a place where you can learn lots and lots, a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, and make some new friends.  We love new members and look forward to the posts we know you will contribute.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, groovin' and lovin' this great life we all live, love and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline lrushton

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 12:11:21 am »
thank you all for making me feel at home. and no annette it isn't. i found him here on the avatar board. we do have four very pretty little chihauhau's though and two jack russells for little dogs and for the big dog theres seal my great pyrenes. i have tried and tried to get seal on as my avatar but i'm not computer savvy enough. she is very pretty.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 06:41:46 am »
Welcome to the board lrushton  :-D
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 12:01:54 pm »
we do have four very pretty little chihauhau's though and two jack russells for little dogs and for the big dog theres seal my great pyrenes. i have tried and tried to get seal on as my avatar but i'm not computer savvy enough. she is very pretty.

Irushton, wow!!!  Now that is a whole lotta dogs!!  How many great pyrenes do you have?  Bet the food bill is huge!!!  Beautiful.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Delmer

• House Bee
  • Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:36:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow new keeper in the Carolinas.  Glad you are here.

Offline lrushton

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 02:51:37 pm »
we do have four very pretty little chihauhau's though and two jack russells for little dogs and for the big dog theres seal my great pyrenes. i have tried and tried to get seal on as my avatar but i'm not computer savvy enough. she is very pretty.

Irushton, wow!!!  Now that is a whole lotta dogs!!  How many great pyrenes do you have?  Bet the food bill is huge!!!  Beautiful.  Cindi
cindi, she is the only one i have although i would like to have a male one day if i can get my better half to let me. she gets most of the table scraps so the food bill is not really that much. by the way, my wife and i took a vacation to your area about 4 years ago. (vancouver-whistler) and all i can say is you're blessed. very beautifull country. i only wish we had picked a better time(september) it rained a good bit. still we enjoyed it.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 11:38:23 am »
Irushton, I bet that dog would have a great time eating all the table scraps, yum, yum, nothing wrong with that.  The drive from Vancouver to Whistler is nothing short of spectacular, that Sea to Sky Highway is so aptly named.  It does rain here, no question about that.  I've lived here 56 years and am tiring of it though.  Time to move up to the interior of our province to get more sunshine and heat, I am that sun goddess.  Have a great, most wonderfully awesome day, Cindi