Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Varoa (yes again)  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Varoa (yes again)
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:34:10 pm »
I know that this question has been asked AT LEAST 100 times on this forum and now i ask you to do it just one more time, for me :)  (sorry, by the way)
I wouldn't be asking it if i hadn't found so many diferent ways of treating it around the world.
What i'm asking you to do, is to describe exactly what measurments do you use against varoa.

eg.:
a) i only do trickling with oxalic acid twice a year

b) i use amitraz[i/] after honey extraction and keep in small cells.

I hope you get the picture and are willing to answer me.

Thank you!

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Varoa (yes again)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:32:53 pm »
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Varoa (yes again)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:41:09 am »
I use a combination of SBB, sugar shakes, and only enough foundation in each frame to give the bees a starting point.  With the starter strips the bees build a slighly smaller cell than the 5.3 in brood foundation,closer to 5.0.  The next time I by foundation I will be switching to small cell.  I am also thinking of trimming the end bars to 1 1/4 inches and putting 9 frames into an 8 frame hive like Michael Bush does.  His methods and mine are relative close in appoarch.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!