Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: We got a good rain  (Read 1789 times)

Offline tom

• House Bee
We got a good rain
« on: September 14, 2006, 12:44:08 am »
Hello

Well it has been raining for a while now and it is a slow rain seems it is going to be a good weekend to it is going to be nice and warm so my girls should be going at it like crazy. I got home and found one of my girls on my front door she was cold and in the rain so i took her back to the bee yard and let her crawl in my third hive when i saw a moth larvae on the outside of the hive but there is no sign of webworms in the hive so this one must was trying to crawl in and it got killed at the front door. I see the golden rod is ready to bloom so the fall flow should be good.

Tom

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
We got a good rain
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 01:15:53 am »
same here tom, good long 20 hour soaking rain, goldenrob should bloom this week and should be a good fall flow with the extra rain....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
We got a good rain
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:19:16 am »
Plenty of rain here and a bit on the cool side. Goldenrod is coming out and, interestingly, my bees want none of it. They have been foraging heavily on the wild asters, mints and a variety of other species that are blooming. But no interest in the goldenrod. I had such high hopes...

Offline tom

• House Bee
It's still raining here and they say tomarrow it ends
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 01:22:55 am »
Hello Ted

It's good to see this rain coming we are well below normal here but as for the fall flow it should be as good as the spring flow which was not good here at all. Today before it rained i was looking at my bees and you could see the pollen on thier legs before you could get close to the hive and most of them where yellow from the pollen so if they are bringing in pollen then they must be getting nector also.

Tom