Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Help needed- Honey label design software  (Read 4440 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Help needed- Honey label design software
« on: December 02, 2006, 11:52:48 pm »
I am not much of an arteest.

I know there must be some software out there that lets you design and create a label/logo but I cant find any thats free.

Is that the sort of thing Photoshop etc can do? I dunno.

Alternatively, there might be someone out there that has artistic talents that might be willing to help.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Help needed- Honey label design software
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 12:48:50 am »
I am not much of an arteest.

I know there must be some software out there that lets you design and create a label/logo but I cant find any thats free.

Is that the sort of thing Photoshop etc can do? I dunno.

Alternatively, there might be someone out there that has artistic talents that might be willing to help.

Mick, I have a little bit of honey that I am going to be selling and I made a label myself.  What I did was I took a very cool picture of a bee loaded with pollen, imported it into a word processing program and put text around it, (in a text wrap box).  I fiddled with this and got it pretty good.  The way I did it was probably rather archaic, but it worked.  Then I got labels from an office supply place that are set up to print on a computer and I made the template to fit within the borders of each label on the page.  I made a copy of each bee label on each label on the page (which I think was 12). I put it on a CD and took it to a printer (copy place) and he printed the bee labels on the label page.  This sounds kind of messed up maybe, but if you can work the computer a little bit, you may be able to do this yourself.  Other than that...I can offer no help as to programs.  Good luck Mick, I am sure someone maybe able to help you more easily, I hope.  Great day.  Cindi
p.s. I would be willing to help you if you get really stuck, it was work, but I think that I have the method down pretty pat, in my simple microsoft word program.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:59:49 am »
Aha I get the idea, I manged to make a bee CD label!

I get it word, image, text voila! Run some off on a colour printer, bit of glue, jobs done. Thanks.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 01:05:35 am »
I got the solution!!!!

Go to www.avery.com the LABEL PEOPLE they have FREE SOFTWARE that allow you complete design control over EVERY LABEL STYLE they make - from small return lables, to business cards to shipping lables and anything in between.

Here is the actual link - www.avery.com you can't miss their download feature - it is a sizable program (around a hundred megs) but worth ever byte of space. Making labels will never be a problem again, you easily import backgrounds, images, logos, and have total freedom to move EVERYTHING around until it is exactly where you want it - tons of fonts too - one of my favorite programs, I use it for Beemaster.com Business sized Cards.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 01:31:27 am »
Thanks boss, got heaps of Gb to play with atm so I will download it!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 01:53:01 am »
John, ha, !!! ya, I know that Avery has that site, that is actually where I got the template for the labels that I used for my bee label.  But, I am so old fashioned that I love to play with the graphics and text, etc. without the use of a program like what you describe with avery.  I will definitely download this program and use it though.  I like to experience the hardest way that I can and then when something that is very simple is available, I use that.  I am of the view, and it sound kind of strange, that you cannot know the good until you have experienced the bad.  So, Avery here I come!!!!  I can't imagine what can be done with the program, but it could be so much fun, I can't wait to try it.  Great day.

Oh ya, by the way, to show you how ___retentive I am about the experience of something this is the opposite of good and good itself (I can't say bad, because bad has a bad connotation), so, what is the opposite of good, but using a different word than "bad" LOL:  When my husband and I went to Fiji, instead of staying in the first class hotel when we first arrrived,  we wanted to go the very simple and unrefined route.  We stayed in one of the bures (spelling???) on the beach.  It was simply fabulous, the hut, the rain water that was heated on the roof for showering, it was very simple and something to behold.  Loved every minute of it.  But the last week of our vacation we spent it in a very glamorous hotel, not too far away from the bures.  the island was incredible with the hospitality.  I am so grateful that my husband and I experienced two very different sides of Fiji, the grass huts and the cement hotels.  What a contrast, but such experience.  Have a great, great day.  Gonna eat some pecan pie, I know that it is a little bit late, almost 10:00 PM, but my daughter made it today, and it is almost done and coming out of the oven, gonna be yummy and so warm on this cold winter night.  Bye. Goodnight.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 05:18:39 am »
+1 for Avery DesignPro.

That's what I use.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

anything