Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Mills River, NC  (Read 2568 times)

Offline LOFPB

• New Bee
Greetings from Mills River, NC
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:26:38 am »
Hello to all. I (Toby) and my girlfriend (Arden) are new to the bee world. We took an awesome class at the first of this year and have since purchased 3 nucs (European), had one swarm on us, caught the swarm and now have 4 hives. Hoping to share this great new hobby with others and learn from all your experiences as well. We're learning lots every day and there seems to be no end in sight. BEE back soon.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Greetings from Mills River, NC
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:38:32 am »
Hello and Welcome Toby and Arden
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:27:01 am »
LOFPB, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us.  YOu have entered the world of the honeybee, you will be held under their spell now until then.  These bees compel us to learn more about them, the more you are living among them, the more you will want to learn.  Our forum is a wealth of knowledge, you will see that.  We have members from ones that don't have been, to people that have so much information stored in their wonderful minds, that it will make your head swim.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, a place where you too will make some new friends.  Stick around, we love to have new members, and we love to listen, and help out when asked.  You will enjoy every minute of your stay on this forum, that is a guarantee, smiling.  Have that most wonderful day, to love and live this great life we are all livin', lovin', and sharin', health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:04:38 am »
Welcome
Damien

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:14:33 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Thats great that you and your girlfriend are in this together.
I think its a great hobby for couples to share.
Hey if I am going to get stung why shouldn't my husband. ;)
There is alot to learn but you will get answers to all your questions here from the knowledgeable folks on this forum.
Good luck with the new hives.

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:33 pm »
Welcome and good luck.
Bobby

Offline LOFPB

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:46:28 am »
Thanks all. We attended (finally) our first local county beekeeper association meeting tonight and learned tons more. This is truly addictive.