Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdy, New from Missouri  (Read 2963 times)

Offline beginningbeekeeper

• New Bee
Howdy, New from Missouri
« on: July 10, 2005, 09:34:46 pm »
I guess I'm the newest guy on the forum.  It seems to be a great forum as I have read several of the post.  My name is Stacy and as my handle suggest I'm very green to beekeeping.  So please be patient I'm still trying to learn all the language and terms for everything.  If everything had worked out for me I would have atleast two hives going. This was my plan last december.  Well January 1 2005 changed everything.  I wrapped my truck around a tree after a 16 hour day at work.  So at present I'm trying to learn to walk again and taking the oppertunity to learn all I can about bee keeping.  So I am looking forward to reading all your post and asking questions.  see ya around
Stacy

Offline Phoenix

• House Bee
    • http://www.cafepress.com/beeholder
Howdy, New from Missouri
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 01:46:50 am »
Welcome to the board Stacy.

Amnesia from the accident, and you forgot how to walk? :lol:   Here is a quick lesson, one foot in front of the other.  There you go all fixed.

All kidding aside, I hope your recovery is swift, and may a swarm of 60,000 bees invade your hive.

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
Howdy, New from Missouri
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:29:51 am »
My goodness!

We do have a playful group here, but yes, all kidding aside we hope you heal quickly. Ask any questions, and enjoy the forum. The search feature can be really helpful too.

Your situation makes me think of what my husband went through about 3 years ago. He found out he had cancer, and between cancer and chemo he was mostly stuck in bed. When he was up, he spent alot of time on the computer learning about hydroponics. It was a really good learning time. But you'll have more than he did - this forum not only has alot to offer about beekeeping, but it's a good place to make friends and relieve boredom. We really have lots of fun.

So enjoy! And if you get as many laughs out of this place as I do, you should heal fast - laughter being good medicine and all. :)

Welcome Stacy

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Howdy, New from Missouri
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 02:50:38 pm »
It is great to have you join us Stacy! I know for a fact that you will learn a ton around here. We all try to share are little tips that you will never find in a book so that is another great reason to be here. Hope to see you on the forums alot, bye :D
Ryan Horn

anything