Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1931 times)

Offline kkipp9

• New Bee
Hello
« on: January 09, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »
Just got this idea in my head.  I live in the country and figured since I like honey  that it's a natural choice.  I am looking forward to learning and getting started with my bees.  Just not keen on getting stung.   Oh well.  I welcome any and all advice.  Thank you in advance.
Ken

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 10:15:08 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 10:55:37 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
I have had bees for 6 years now and I still do not like being stung and I have no reaction to them.
They are are good for you.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 11:22:36 pm »
Welcome.  I've had bee 3 years now.  The first year I kept track of the number of times that I got stung, the second was more of how bad or little of a reaction I got, this year was 'Oh I got stung, sorry that a bee had to die for that'.  With that being said, I don't know of anybody that really likes getting stung. 

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 12:18:24 am »
CAO,
My son likes to bee stung. He begs me to get him a bee. It really takes his leg and back pain away. He still feels the sting. Once that pain starts, the back pain is gone for the rest of the day.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 08:38:31 am »
Welcome to the forum...getting stung is no fun but I'm with Cao at least on my managed hives....."Sorry M'Lady for my clumsiness and your loss of life". On a removal if they are just being mean I tend to curse them a bit more ;-)

Its all good though...love them and cant imagine going back to a life without them.
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 09:25:15 am »
Welcome to the forum!    You'll find that some pings aren't so bad and some hurt like the blazes.  Depends on which part of your anatomy gets pinged.    At any rate, it's all worth it.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline kkipp9

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 12:03:25 pm »
Thank you for the welcoming comments.
Ken

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 08:02:32 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything