Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Wisconsin  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Nectar Meadows Apiaries

• Brood
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
Hello from Wisconsin
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:23:57 am »
Hello all my fellow Wisconsin beeks and fellow beeks abroad.  I have been keeping bees for a several years now in the northern section of west central Wisconsin.  Honeybees have turned into an obsession of mine.  Once I thought I was really figuring them out, soon however I discovered how little I really knew and how much I will never know.  We owe much of our good fortune and our good standard of living to these little bugs.  I someday hope to be able to completely sustain myself financially by forming a partnership with several millions of these bugs and their colonies.  However, time is money, and money takes time, lol, and it seems there is either not enough of one or the other to achieve what you need of one or the other, lol!  Through sheer stubbornness and determination I hope to get there eventually.

Now that you know a little about myself, I hope to join many of the fantastic threads here.

Till then, may god bless you and your bees!
"The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees, in every object, only the traits which favor that theory." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Thompson, 1787.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:58:12 am »
Welcome from across the lake Nectar Meadows.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:27:28 am »
Welcome! Glad you found us!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 12:03:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:46:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum.