Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New from Arizona  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Spice Girl

• Brood
    • Rachel's Amazing Spices
New from Arizona
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:58:37 pm »
Hello, my name is Rachel. I live in Catalina Az. I am interested in learning about bee keeping, as my boyfriend is beginning a new bee hive removal and bee hive business. He has been getting daily removal calls, and we are looking for an inexpensive bee suit for myself now, so I can go out and help him.
I have been looking on line for information on royal jelly production, how it is made, what it looks like,....
very fascinating to me!!
I was stung 15 times yesterday!! I went on a removal with him and didn't get my covers on in time! The bee's were hanging on the outside wall of an abandoned house.
I sell spices & spice blends @ home & on line. I work for a grocery chain @ the moment, but want to get into honey and bee's and spices full time. 
I hope to get to know some of you folks out there. I've heard some of the chat's that Luis has had, and he has learned a lot and made some really good friends!

Hope to chat soon ~ Spice Girl

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
Re: New from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:26 pm »
Oh my, Rachel! Ouch!! Yes. You need a bee-suit! :-D
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle

Offline Spice Girl

• Brood
    • Rachel's Amazing Spices
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:13:13 pm »
Hi Cuz!!  I'm learning!!!!!

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:17:33 pm »
Good to see you here... you're in good hands. There's so much to know!

~ Aristotle

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:25:08 am »
By the way, everybody... Rachel's AmaZing Spices are amazing!! I made black-bean soup tonight for myself with the 'Jalapeno 2' variety.

Yum! (just sayin'...)

~ Aristotle

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:57 am »
welcome.  there is a spice place i go to when i am in carefree.  can't remember the name off hand.  they have some great stuff.  do you sell there?

you should be able to find a relatively inexpensive bee suit on line.  Mann Lake carries and jacket-hood combo that i find to be plenty for cutouts, etc.  i do recommend the zip up combo for cutouts.  keeps those unhappy bees out of your face  :-)  most places carry the full suit also if a jacket is not enough for you.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:55:55 am »
Spice Girl, welcome to our forum, wonderful you found us.  You are up to some interesting stuff with your spices, go girl!!!  Have that most awesome and wonderful day, with that same health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service