Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beeproofsuits.com  (Read 4013 times)

Offline BC

• New Bee
Beeproofsuits.com
« on: October 25, 2009, 01:13:37 pm »
Hello,
Has anyone purchased a suit from this company? If so, how is it working out.

Thanks,
BC

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Beeproofsuits.com
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 07:11:55 pm »
The most beeproof suits I know of are the Golden Bee Products suit and the Ultra Breeze suit.  The Ultra Breeze jacket is nice too.  Seems like I've had a bee in my veil once and I'm in the beeyards every night doing queen rearing, rain or shine, wind or calm.  I don't think I've ever been stung through the suit.  but nothing is bee proof.  Especially if you don't quite get something zipped all the way...  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Queen B

• Brood
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:09:45 am »
I bought a bee suit from beeproofsuits at the beginning of the season (UK). I could not  be more pleased! Really well made and great value. I recommend them.

Offline Judy in in

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:34:14 am »
I've got a jacket and veil of the Ultra-Breeze and now a full suit. I love them!

Offline Apple Farmer

• New Bee
    • Klee's Out On A Limb Acres
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 07:54:49 pm »
I've had my ultra breeze jacket for a couple of years and have to say it's great.

I was looking into buying a suit or jacket for my wife and found that Bill's family has started a new website ultrabreezesuits.com. Bill's original page honeymoonapiaries.com is still up and has been updated as well.

Offline abishiai

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »
UltraBreeze is really great. It's made of three layers of mesh that makes the suit material thick enough to keep the bee stingers from penetrating, but it's not too hot. Several times this summer I've removed Africanized bees from a roof or wall and been under full attack by hundreds of bees with no stings! The suit is amazing! The weakest point is the face screen. Several times my lip or chin has accidently touched the face-screen and there a dozen bees there just waiting!!

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

anything