Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2010 Package/ Nuc pricing  (Read 12337 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: 2010 Package/ Nuc pricing
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 07:19:36 pm »
me and Dwight have been kinda working together at times the last few year, we are very good friends, you can see he even post me on his site in the "about" section, he is one of the best friends I have had. very good person and will stand behind his bee's. he stay's at my place for a week at a time during queen rearing season, we get about 3-4 week earlier start here instead of his place, then he gets his place going and this year I am going to go to his place and stay and help.

http://www.porterfarmbees.com/about.html
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 07:27:14 pm »
Today I actually just upped my order to 4 nucs from Dwight.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline Delmer

• House Bee
  • Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 10:27:46 pm »
looking forward to picking them up in May.  This was my first year of beekeeping- started with 2 hives (packages) now down to one.  Didn't get any honey :(-  Hopefully it will make it through the winter.  It seems strong (but what do I know) -hopefully I'll have 3 going forward. 

Offline Beaver Dam

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 10:03:54 pm »
why does no one ship nucs?

Offline Paraplegic Racehorse

• House Bee
  • Kilted beekeepers unite!
    • Me Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 10:14:29 pm »
why does no one ship nucs?

Probably quite a lot of the reason is ventilation. And weight/cost. And moving combs crushing bees (possibly the queen?). And.. And..

Y'think it's tough to get nucs, just try getting a package shipped - insured - to Alaska. I'm desparately hoping at least one of my hives will make it through the winter so I have something to breed from.
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse.
Member in good standing: International Discordance of Kilted Apiarists, Local #994

The World Beehive Project - I endeavor to build at least one of every beehive in common use today and document the entire process.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 11:03:01 pm »
The fatbeeman was shipping nucs last year. I like the looks of his stock but its cost prohibitive if you want to get more than one because its expensive with the shipping but at least he offers it, or at least he did.

Offline Tyro

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 08:47:39 am »
Fatbeeman still ships nucs.  I have never had any of his bees, but he has a good reputation.

www.fatbeeman.com

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 10:45:12 am »
I thought he still might, he did last year but I didn't want to post for sure if I hadn't checked into it.
Someone posted somewhere last year that he lost alot of bees that he sent through the mail, they sat on a postal truck or something and there were issues with the postal service accpeting bees.
I don't even remember where I read it but this person claimed it was quite alot.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 04:16:28 pm »
Depends on the breed.$85.00,$105.00 to $140.00

Buckfast,and All American $105.00  http://www.rweaver.com/order.html
$120.00-$140.00 Highbreed.   http://www.beeweaver.com/home.php
All kind here.$83.00 to $91.00  http://www.cedarglenbees.com/products.asp?cat=16
 Same,same every year,all different prices.
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 11:44:57 pm »
Nucs were $85 for 5 frames here last year.  I got one for 60 because it was late in the year and they wanted to get ride of it.  It was loaded plum full of brood.  I dont know why you would want a package when you get five frames, brood, and stores included.  Although you can find out they have chalk brood a week later like I did.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cam

• House Bee
    • circle 7 honey
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2009, 10:33:57 am »
2 packages from Shamrock "S" headed by VSH/SMR queens - drones are Russian/VSH. $75.00 plus shipping
circle7 honey and pollination

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 05:24:27 pm »
62$ for a three pound pkg with Italian queen plus shipping.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 06:15:12 pm »
Busy Bee Apiaries is selling 3# packages for $80 picked up in the first two weeks of April from their Chapel Hill location. Queen is a Minnesota Hygenic that they raise locally. The bees are from south Georgia.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 03:42:18 pm »
$100 for a 5-frame nuc of Italians, picked up.

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 10:37:16 pm »
Where are you getting your packages this year?
62$ for a three pound pkg with Italian queen plus shipping.

anything