Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from East Tennessee  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Jim Stovall

• New Bee
  • Jim Stovall
    • BeePROF
Greetings from East Tennessee
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:59:57 am »
Good morning, bee lovers.

My name is Jim Stovall, and I just registered on the forum.

My bees and I are located in East Tennessee where we are enjoying a glorious spring.

I have been keeping bees for a little more than a year now and just yesterday captured my first swarm. Very exciting stuff. That makes three colonies for me now, and I have ordered a nuc from a local beekeeper, so I will so have four.

I'm keeping an online journal about beekeeping, gardening, art, baseball, writing and whatever else comes to mind called Honey Dot Comb (honeydotcombDOTblogspotDOTcom>.

In my other life, I'm a Jim Stovalljournalism professor at the University of Tennessee, and I maintain a web site on the teaching of journalism called JPROF.com.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Greetings from East Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 09:55:08 am »
Hello and Welcome, Jim!

Glad you found us: I believe this is a great forum for learning about bees.
Usually I recommend getting involved with other beeks in your area, but after reading your blog, I see you've got that covered. So my other usual suggestions are to update your profile with your location. Once you start posting in other areas of the forum we're not likely to remember that you're in East Tennessee, and location is often very important in how questions are answered.

I also recommend the 'search' function. I often find that my question has been asked before and I can get an immediate answer by reading a previous thread.

I'm going to have 'Rocky Top' going thru my head all morning now...

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:00:43 am »
Jim, welcome to our forum.  YOu have found THE place to spend some great time.  You have some experience with the bees and you will no doubt tell us of some of your experiences.  If you have questions too, please ask, all questions will get great answers.  You are up to some interesting stuff in your life, I can see that.  Anyways, welcome, have the best of this greatest and most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 11:01:13 am »
Good to have you on board.

Offline Jim Stovall

• New Bee
  • Jim Stovall
    • BeePROF
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 04:56:30 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to joining the conversation.

Jim

anything