Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: brood box advice please  (Read 3210 times)

Offline tina

• House Bee
brood box advice please
« on: May 04, 2011, 10:48:59 pm »
i have a 2 deep lang with QE inbetween boxes  the hive body is oldish and i have moved the top super frames into a new box and put it on top of the old brood box   the brood box has only 9 frames and looks messy and i want to move the frames into a new box but don't want to disrupt everything    could i just remove the QE and let them move up into the top box?  how long would this take?
we're not worried about getting honey for a while just want bees in new boxes so hopefully less cracks for SHB

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: brood box advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:34:23 pm »
It would be best to go ahead and complete the job now. One major disruption is better than 2 or 3minor ones.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline tina

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 11:46:18 pm »
i changed the honey super frames a week ago   i thought it was better to let them get used to one new box at a time   i didn't want them absconding   

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 02:07:42 am »
Yeah, i'd do the change now - won't take long at all and if you're just moving frames from one box to another and then putting it back in its original location it shouldn't create too many hassles..

Offline tina

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:37:04 am »
all done   AOK     thanks for replies