Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Attention Beekeepers in Pennsylvania !!!  (Read 2518 times)

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
Attention Beekeepers in Pennsylvania !!!
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:13 am »
In Columbia, Lycoming and Tioga Counties.

In Columbia County, especially ( Bloomsburg, Catawissa and Numidia areas ) Is the forage areas supportive and bee friendly ???
I am currently looking for land to relocate from NJ within 5 years short term and 8 years long term planning. I like the areas along the I-80/ I-180 Corridor.

Your input is appreciated  :-D

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
Re: Attention Beekeepers in Pennsylvania !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:13:39 am »
Wow, Nobody  :?

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:41:29 am »
Your talking "country" up there.

And if your asking about beekeepers who have land for sale, that is some slim picking. Population is low, beekeepers even lower.

We do have a county coordinator for Lycoming County just north of Williamsport, in Cogan Station, right along route 15.

Duke and Penny are great folks. Duke has been our "Pit Master" for the past several years at the summer picnic. They are members of the Pennsylvania Backyard Beekeepers Association.

Not sure if he can help with land, but I know he would be up to showing you around and meeting another beekeeper.

You can find their info here...

http://www.pennapic.org/countycoodinators.html
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:05:04 am »
Your talking "country" up there.

And if your asking about beekeepers who have land for sale, that is some slim picking. Population is low, beekeepers even lower.

We do have a county coordinator for Lycoming County just north of Williamsport, in Cogan Station, right along route 15.

Duke and Penny are great folks. Duke has been our "Pit Master" for the past several years at the summer picnic. They are members of the Pennsylvania Backyard Beekeepers Association.

Not sure if he can help with land, but I know he would be up to showing you around and meeting another beekeeper.

You can find their info here...

http://www.pennapic.org/countycoodinators.html

Thanks BjornBee,

I have many resources for land for sale, so I'm good in that area  I am just scoping the areas for honeybee sustainability in regards to forage areas, water, open land vs. farms etc. what better way than to ask beekeepers already rooted. I did find the Pennsylvania Beekeepers Association Webpage and that is informative.

BH