Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Question About Spaces  (Read 2865 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Question About Spaces
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:24:46 pm »
Hey All,

I may cross post this, but my hubby and I are working on a hive body and super, 8 fame.  We were given the woodenware.

After setting it all up and taking it too get our nuc, we realized that that we were going to have to tweak  it a bit, cuz when we put the excluder on, it left little space between the excluder and the frames in the brood box...

We have added a strip to the boodbox top set the excluder on top, then put a strip on the bottom of the super, which gice the appropriate space...however...I can see visable space between the brrod box and the super...about 1/16 of an inch...IS THIS UNDESIRABLE?

I am thinking I can add a trim around the outside of the super exterior at the bottom if y'all tell me this space isn't good...

Ineed to transfer the brood into this revised box Wednesday and add the super with of course the excluder, so I want theit little home to bee perfect!

help help help...Thanks!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: Question About Spaces
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:10:06 am »
...I can see visable space between the brrod box and the super...about 1/16 of an inch...

Is that between the upper and lower frames or is it a gap between the boxes.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Re: Question About Spaces
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 02:26:59 am »
It is a little gap between the individual boxes themselves...the spacing between the frames and excluder if fine...I found that when I put the lid on with some weight, the cracks were gone..

anything