Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trivial questions  (Read 1328 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Trivial questions
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »
I know these are trivial questions but they have got my interest.

I've noticed that it seems like certian times of the day the bees will bring pollen in and at other times not. Is this a scheduled event?

I've noticed that at times there are wax particles under the hive (SBB). Would that suggest they are drawing new comb? I've only noticed it when I was feeding them.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Trivial questions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 12:38:15 am »
I know these are trivial questions but they have got my interest.

I've noticed that it seems like certain times of the day the bees will bring pollen in and at other times not. Is this a scheduled event?

I've noticed that at times there are wax particles under the hive (SBB). Would that suggest they are drawing new comb? I've only noticed it when I was feeding them.

I normally see a lot of pollen being brought in to the hive in the morning and then late in the day but not as much as in the morning. Remember, bees forage for what the nurse bees tell them they need. I suspect that during the night, they deplete more of the pollen stores, hence the demand.
If you are seeing a lot of small clear pieces of wax, yes they are building wax. If you are seeing a lot of white or yellow wax, they are cutting/reshaping the wax or emptying/moving honey. They will move honey to make room for brood. You will also see a lot of. White wax after the hive has been robbed.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Trivial questions
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:15:32 am »
I see pollen mostly in the evening and early morning as you said. Good to know, thanks.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything