Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Two Abraham Lincoln movies out this year - Zombies and Vampires  (Read 5621 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
I watch lots of movies on line and I have a few favorite sites that stream current films - but I saw Abraham Lincoln vs. the Zombies a few weeks ago and honestly, I found this a pretty enjoyable movie. The effects are all done using After Effect and other common Youtubers slick software, but I did like the movie quite a lot.

Abraham Lincoln Vs. Zombies - Official Trailer

Now I see ads for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and I'll be waiting for that to be available. The Zombie on I don't believe was released, it went right to DVD, but the Vampires (are still the rave) so it has TV commercial time.

If there is a metaphor or parable in the Zombie movie, I did not see it. A brief description, Abe saw first hand zombies attacking his family as a child and then again in the latter days of the Civil War. As President, he had to pull leaders from the North and South together to fight the walking dead of a small but populated town near a fort he and men from both sides of the war. No to leave out John Wilkes Booth is also in that fort and already has plans to kidnap the president. Lots of twists, several historical characters.

That's enough about the movie, except to say that juggling the Blue and Grays alone was nearly impossible, but with a common enemy that didn't stay dead inspired both sides and this film did a great job with a believable Lincoln and better than expect supporting cast.

I hope to see the Vampire film soon and see how it compares

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Official Trailer #1 - (2012) HD Movie

I don't download movies although I have in past years, production companies have great enforced torrent activity and they send letters to your internet provider who then writes you. But there are many sites that "stream current movies" including nearly any video you can rent through NetFlix or Block-Buster. But watching streaming thing, you don't have physical copies of this and you avoid piracy issues, which involve possession and distribution, both of which occur if you download videos through torrent sites. I'm no lawyer, but talks at TED have covered this topic and streaming is the best way to view content.

The only issue with new stuff is quality or some subtitling in Russian - besides that, its pretty freakin' nice.

I think of these sites as a TRY before YOU BUY site and the better sites are listed through Stumble-upon.com which itself is a very cool service, letting you choose your various interests for websites that you like by checking topical boxes, say sports, gardening, weight watching, etc., then when you click on the stumble button in your browser, only topics related to your categories pop up and they are done so randomly.

The add-on for Firefox is just called Stumble and every time I click on it, I find stuff that is random to me, but topically stuff that interests me. If you see pages you don't like, click a thumbs down button and it will not come back. Stumble LEARNS through this process and it better customizes your internet experience.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Two Abraham Lincoln movies out this year - Zombies and Vampires
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »
I have not used Stumble is a while since getting this mac, but I did use it quite a bit in the day.   After a while it was sending to the same sites over and over.   Maybe things have changes.   

And I am waiting for the new Abraham Lincoln move to come out (on Netflix).

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Two Abraham Lincoln movies out this year - Zombies and Vampires
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:38:24 pm »
Stumble has gotten very big claiming millions of pages, all confirmed to meet their criteria.

I have roughly 30 topics I checked and yes I get repeats but it is like shuffle on my music player, sometimes songs come almost back to back.

I really enjoy getting sites that only fall within my interests and Stumble does a pretty good job.

One of my favorite sites I found through Stumble is www.akinator.com which is a 20 question genie who is very accurate at guessing who you are thinking of.

When thinking of someone, don't forget to stay in character- as in Alan Alda or Hawkeye Pierce cause it will find either one most the time but it's guesses are only as good as your answers :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything