Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My supportive wife!  (Read 3515 times)

Offline TheMasonicHive

• House Bee
My supportive wife!
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:21:32 am »
My wife has seen bees a few times, and has read about them, but I'm pretty sure she just became my partner in beekeeping the other day!

She actually witnessed the waggle dance she read so much about and screamed a little bit with excitement hahaha.

The next day she sent me an email at work saying that it was the coolest thing she'd ever done and she was excited for next time!  Made me smile ear to ear!

Without further ado, here she is!

Christopher Peace
Oakland County, MI

"It teaches us that, as we come into the world rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow-creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them without inconvenience to ourselves." - Freemasonry on the Beehive

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
Re: My supportive wife!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:07:47 am »
You realize that you may just have to get her some hives of her own, otherwise she may just confiscate yours and you'll have to start over again.  I gave one to Pam, so now I can work the rest of mine in peace...LOL

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 06:35:01 pm »
Definitely a plus to have a wife who is not only supportive but active. (or husband if the shoe is on the other foot). My wife is pushing for us to build up to 10 hives. (yikes! I don't want that many yet).
be happy and make others happy.

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 08:40:56 pm »
I love the suit adjustment tool... (big string to keep it comfy)  Congrats Mrs. Happy and of course you brother I can't wait to get the other half out there.  She talks a good game and we bought her a suit and gloves so just need to wait on the girls to show up. 8)
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 09:00:01 pm »
Isnt she just as "Cute as a Button!"
 My wife has a nice bee suit but I have to ask to help me with the bees.
However, theres Francine( who works with my wife) and Tina( Francines friend)  who helped me harvest honey last season who are now more than willing to help me do bee stuff! And thats after getting stung more than a dozen times each! :shock:...Tina even fell in a hole which I had just pulled a dead tree from! Coulda broken her leg!! :oops:
Its a great thing when both partners fool around doing bee stuff together!

your friend,
john

Offline jhs494

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:10:14 am »
You just gotta love it. Not only do you get to enjoy beekeeping itself but you have the oportunity for it to be a family thing.
I get a really nasty look  :-x if I happen to go check the hives without my Wife and Son.

Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
Joe S.

anything