Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cup of tea  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Cup of tea
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:45:01 am »
Cup of  Tea

One day my  mother was out and my dad  was in charge of me. I was  maybe 2 1/2 years old and had just recovered from an  accident. 

Someone  had given me a little 'tea set' as a  get-well  gift and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was  in the living room engrossed in the evening news  when I  brought Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water.

After several cups of tea and lots of praise  for such  yummy tea, my Mom came home.. My Dad  made her wait in the living room to watch me bring  him a cup  of tea, because it was 'just the cutest  thing!' My  Mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down  the hall  with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him  drink it  up.

Then she  says, (as only a mother would know... :) 'Did it ever occur to you that the  only place she can  reach to  get water is the toilet? 

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
Re: Cup of tea
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:45:45 am »
Irwin when I was reading this I thought you were telling a story from your past and I was thinking Irwin doesn't strike me as the type of guy to have played with a tea set :-D
Wasn't till the end till I realized it wasn't a story

Keith

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 08:13:29 pm »
Kids can sure keep you on your toes and excersize your imagination can't they.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:09:59 am »
That reminds me of my cousin when he was little...

He kept coming inside for cups of water.  When his mom asked why, he was trying to put out the fire/smoke coming out of the house.  A little investigation and she discovered that the dryer was running and he thought that the exhaust was smoke, so he was pouring water into the dryer vent!  She thought it was funny and cleaned up a big puddle of water inside next to the clothes dryer :roll:. 

Of course, since it was funny he tried it again....that time it wasn't so funny....
Rick

anything