Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bumblebees?? maybe carpenter bees...got stung..  (Read 6458 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: bumblebees?? maybe carpenter bees...got stung..
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 11:23:20 am »
Zopi, if you decide to yank the couch outta there, by all means make sure you are in full suit. Don't wanna p.off bumbles. I had one chase me 100' or more and sting me three times on the back of my shoulder while I was running away. It hurt for three days, a lot.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline zopi

• House Bee
Re: bumblebees?? maybe carpenter bees...got stung..
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 08:47:19 am »
Zopi, if you decide to yank the couch outta there, by all means make sure you are in full suit. Don't wanna p.off bumbles. I had one chase me 100' or more and sting me three times on the back of my shoulder while I was running away. It hurt for three days, a lot.

yeah..had about six of them chase me up the yard when I walked by..like i said..i'm nimble...they chased me about a hundred yards...that one that stung me the other day, got me in the forehead..it hurt, but only about a half hour..bloody bad headache later on though...don't know if it was because of the bee though..

I was watching them from ground zero yesterday, midafternoon..bees coming out like off an aircraft carrier..flying out straight as an arrow about a hundred yards then hanging a right and heading for the trees...no guards out..I can't go into the barn at all without them losing it though...and god forbid you cruise by on the tractor...jeez...they are starting to annoy me..

I don't have a bee suit yet..I'm not planning on trying to start my hives up until spring...I do have a hooded tyvek coverall and a pretty decent netted hat..it's not certified beeproof <grin> but it'll do...that and a pair of welders gloves since I don't have to bee delicate with hive frames...I'll try to move them the next cool day that comes up..
I'll try to get out there with the camera and take some pictures whilst I do it...

anything